Benderspink has optioned Turf, the Jonathan Ross and Tommy Lee Edwards creation published by Image Comics. Set in the 1920s Prohibition Era New York, the comic blends gangsters with vampires and aliens fighting for turf. Ross is the often controversial radio and TV host in Britain, and Edwards has created artwork on titles including Hellboy, Daredevil and concept art for films like The Book Of Eli. Benderspink is producing the Steve Carell-Jim Carrey comedy Burt Wonderstone and The Last Man at New Line, and Undying Love at Warner Bros. WME repped the sale.
Benderspink Stakes Out 'Turf' For Film
Trending Now on Deadline
Int'l Box Office Update: 'Guardians' Now 3rd Biggest Marvel Movie Ever; 'Dracula Untold', 'Gone Girl', 'Annabelle' Hold Well; Local Action In France, Mexico; More
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
Parents, Frequent Moviegoers Are Desensitized to Violence, Sex In Film; Likely So Is MPAA Ratings Board: Study
Box Office Weekend: 'Fury' Wins War With $23M+; 'Book Of Life,' $16.6M to $17M; 'Gone Girl' $100M; 'Best Of Me' $10M+
More From Fleming Jr
- TPG Spends $225 Million In Deal That Ups Stake In CAA To 53%
- Lionsgate, Tribeca Team For Subscription VOD Launch
- Bart & Fleming: WB's Spandex OD; Ebola The Series; Neil Patrick Harris Near EGOT
- Netflix & Leonardo DiCaprio Team On 'Virunga' Documentary Release
- Morris Chestnut Boards 'Bus 657′
- Rosie Day Joins 'All Roads Lead To Rome'