Anchor Bay Films has landed U.S. and Canadian theatrical and home entertainment rights to Maximum Conviction, an action pic starring Steven Seagal and Steve Austin. The deal for the movie — directed by Keoni Waxman and produced by Seagal, Austin and Phillip Goldfine — was done with Voltage Pictures, which is repping international rights. In the film, Seagal and Austin work for a private security firm charged with decommissioning an old prison. They all but complete the task until two mysterious female prisoners arrive, followed by elite mercenaries who are hunting them down. Benjamin Sacks, Scott Kennedy and Waxman executive produced with co-exec producer Binh Dang.
Anchor Bay Acquires Steven Seagal Pic 'Maximum Conviction'
What's Hot on Deadline
Paramount To Turn Key & Peele's 'Substitute Teacher' Into Feature; Keegan-Michael Key And Jordan Peele To Star
Latest Film News
- All3Media Nearing Deal To Acquire Sam Mendes’ Neal Street Productions
- Talent Agency Launches Biz Development Arm Verve Ventures; Amy Beecroft Will Steer It
- ‘Dope’ Teaser Trailer: First Look At Sundance 2015’s Biggest Buy
- Pedro Almodovar Unveils Cast For New Pic ‘Silencio’
- Berlin Winner ‘The Pearl Button’ Acquired By Kino Lorber; XLrator Nabs ‘Time Lapse’
- ‘Apu Trilogy’ Restored, PBS Gets ‘Inside The Court Of Henry VIII’ — Global Briefs