Anchor Bay Films has landed U.S. and Canadian theatrical and home entertainment rights to Maximum Conviction, an action pic starring Steven Seagal and Steve Austin. The deal for the movie — directed by Keoni Waxman and produced by Seagal, Austin and Phillip Goldfine — was done with Voltage Pictures, which is repping international rights. In the film, Seagal and Austin work for a private security firm charged with decommissioning an old prison. They all but complete the task until two mysterious female prisoners arrive, followed by elite mercenaries who are hunting them down. Benjamin Sacks, Scott Kennedy and Waxman executive produced with co-exec producer Binh Dang.
Anchor Bay Acquires Steven Seagal Pic 'Maximum Conviction'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Reaches Unprecedented Height At Domestic B.O. With $900M, $2B Worldwide
Lionsgate Plans 17 Films For 2017, Says 'Star Wars' Grabbed $50M-$100M From 'Mockingjay 2'; Stock Falls 27%
Latest Film News
- Lionsgate Plans 17 Films For 2017, Says ‘Star Wars’ Grabbed $50M-$100M From ‘Mockingjay 2’; Stock…
- Mandalay Sports Media Teams With OBB Pictures For Sports Projects; 76ers’ Joel Embiid First In Lineup
- ‘Kung Fu Panda 3’ Pummeling ‘Caesar’, ‘Zombies’ & ‘The Choice’ At Weekend B.O.…
- Worldwide Production Agency Names Five As Partners
- Pics With Jason Sudeikis & Rebecca Hall, Ethan Hawke & Emma Watson Battle Horror Fare – Specialty Preview
- Channing Tatum & Joseph Gordon-Levitt Comedy Musical Pitch Set Up At Universal