Anchor Bay Films has landed U.S. and Canadian theatrical and home entertainment rights to Maximum Conviction, an action pic starring Steven Seagal and Steve Austin. The deal for the movie — directed by Keoni Waxman and produced by Seagal, Austin and Phillip Goldfine — was done with Voltage Pictures, which is repping international rights. In the film, Seagal and Austin work for a private security firm charged with decommissioning an old prison. They all but complete the task until two mysterious female prisoners arrive, followed by elite mercenaries who are hunting them down. Benjamin Sacks, Scott Kennedy and Waxman executive produced with co-exec producer Binh Dang.
Anchor Bay Acquires Steven Seagal Pic 'Maximum Conviction'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Logan Lucky’ Trailer Reunites ‘Magic Mike’ Team–Plus Daniel Craig as Joe Bang
- ‘Beguiled’s Sofia Coppola Makes History As Second Female Director To Win At Cannes Film Festival
- Surprises Are Few But Most Winners Were Highly Deserving And A Nice Way To Bid Adieu To The 70th Cannes Film…
- Cannes: ‘The Square’ Takes Palme D’Or; Sofia Coppola Best Director; Acting Honors For Joaquin Phoenix…
- ‘Long Strange Trip’ Has One of 2017's Best Doc Debuts; Richard Gere's 'Norman' Crosses $3M — Specialty…
- With ‘Empire’ And ‘Star,’ Lee Daniels Continues To Tell The Untold Stories Of The Marginalized…