Anchor Bay Films has landed U.S. and Canadian theatrical and home entertainment rights to Maximum Conviction, an action pic starring Steven Seagal and Steve Austin. The deal for the movie — directed by Keoni Waxman and produced by Seagal, Austin and Phillip Goldfine — was done with Voltage Pictures, which is repping international rights. In the film, Seagal and Austin work for a private security firm charged with decommissioning an old prison. They all but complete the task until two mysterious female prisoners arrive, followed by elite mercenaries who are hunting them down. Benjamin Sacks, Scott Kennedy and Waxman executive produced with co-exec producer Binh Dang.
Anchor Bay Acquires Steven Seagal Pic 'Maximum Conviction'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Captain America: Civil War' To Break Out In The U.S.; Looks To Defeat 'Ultron's $191M+ Debut - Box Office Preview
Daisy Ridley & Naomi Watts In Final Talks To Star In 'Ophelia'; Covert Media Aboard New Take On 'Hamlet' - Cannes
Latest Film News
- ‘People V. O.J. Simpson’s Sterling K. Brown Back In Court For ‘Marshall’
- Ava DuVernay Out As Director On DreamWorks’ ‘Intelligent Life’
- ‘Girl On The Train’s Tate Taylor Taps Jacob Jaffke For Key Exec Post At Wyolah Films
- Les Moonves Calls Not Embracing Diversity “Stupid”, Universal’s Jeff Shell Tells Confab Movie Biz 10 Years Behind…
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ Moves To 2017; Clash Avoided With Salman Khan’s ‘Sultan’
- Andrew Garfield To Star In ‘Under The Silver Lake’ As ‘It Follows’ Follow-Up For David Robert Mitchell…