EXCLUSIVE: Showtime has tapped Allen Coulter to direct drama pilot Ray Donovan, starring Liev Schreiber in his first series regular role. Created and executive produced by Southland creator Ann Biderman and executive produced by Mark Gordon and Bryan Zuriff, the Showtime-produced project takes a novelistic look at contemporary Los Angeles. A dark family drama with comedic undertones, the show centers on Ray (Schreiber), a professional “fixer” for LA’s rich and famous, the go-to guy in Hollywood who deftly solves the highly confidential problems of the city’s most intriguing personalities but can’t quite escape the damage in his own troubled family. Former The Sopranos director-producer Coulter has directed the pilots for such series as FX’s Damages and Sons Of Anarchy and Showtime’s Nurse Jackie.
Allen Coulter To Direct Showtime Drama Pilot 'Ray Donovan' Starring Liev Schreiber
What's Hot on Deadline
Patton Oswalt Responds To Arrest In Golden State Killer Case, The Subject Of Late Wife's Book "I'll Be Gone In The Dark"
Latest TV News
- ‘Suits’ Finale: Series Creator On Patrick J. Adams & Meghan Markle’s Exits, New Twist, Season 8…
- Bill Cosby Sexual Assault Retrial Sent To Jury; Day Ends Without Verdict – Update
- ‘Once Upon A Time’ EP Steve Pearlman Inks Overall Deal With ABC Studios
- Alan Ball’s Drama ‘Here and Now’ Canceled By HBO After One Season
- New York AG Settles With Sharp Entertainment Over Unpaid Overtime; Reality Producer Responds – Update
- ‘Inside Amy Schumer’ Co-Creator Daniel Powell Inks Animation Partnership With Comedy Central