EXCLUSIVE: Showtime has tapped Allen Coulter to direct drama pilot Ray Donovan, starring Liev Schreiber in his first series regular role. Created and executive produced by Southland creator Ann Biderman and executive produced by Mark Gordon and Bryan Zuriff, the Showtime-produced project takes a novelistic look at contemporary Los Angeles. A dark family drama with comedic undertones, the show centers on Ray (Schreiber), a professional “fixer” for LA’s rich and famous, the go-to guy in Hollywood who deftly solves the highly confidential problems of the city’s most intriguing personalities but can’t quite escape the damage in his own troubled family. Former The Sopranos director-producer Coulter has directed the pilots for such series as FX’s Damages and Sons Of Anarchy and Showtime’s Nurse Jackie.
Allen Coulter To Direct Showtime Drama Pilot 'Ray Donovan' Starring Liev Schreiber
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- Marvel Confirms Mike Colter As Luke Cage In 'Jessica Jones' Netflix Series
- Female Navy SEALs Drama Set At Fox With Basil Iwanyk Producing
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par With Host Amy Adams
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'