Sony Pictures Releasing has promoted Adrian Smith to EVP and General Sales Manager, where he will work with division president Jim Amos and Worldwide Distribution chief Rory Bruer to oversee domestic sales of all Sony Pictures movies. The veteran executive, who joined Sony’s TriStar Pictures in 1989 and has served as Sony Releasing’s SVP, Western Division Manager since 2000, is currently working on such titles as Columbia Pictures’ The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance, 21 Jump Street, The Pirates! Band of Misfits, Men In Black 3, I Hate You Dad, The Amazing Spider-Man, and Total Recall, as well as Screen Gems’ Underworld Awakening, The Vow, and Think Like a Man.
Adrian Smith Upped At Sony Pics Releasing
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland' Bows Overseas With $27.5M, 'Ultron' Dominates With $46.4M, 'Mad Max' Adds $38.2M, 'Spy' Nabs $12.5M
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
Latest Film News
- ‘Dope’ Red Band Trailer: Still Lives Up To Its Name
- Director Cary Fukunaga No Longer With Stephen King’s ‘It’
- New ‘When Marnie Was There,’ Holdover ‘Dreams’ Solid – Specialty B.O.
- No Heat At Memorial Day B.O.: ‘Tomorrowland’s Rocket Runs Outta Gas With $41.7M Bow – Monday Update
- 6;Tomorrowland’ Bows Overseas With $27.5M, ‘Ultron’ Dominates With $46.4M, ‘Mad Max’ Adds $38.2M, ‘Spy…
- First Six ‘Star Wars’ Pix To Play Shanghai International Film Fest