ABC has given Castle an order for one additional episode, bringing its fourth season to 23 episodes. The quirky detective drama starring Nathan Fillion has been a slow builder but was able to branch out of an early cult status to become a solid performer in the Monday 10 PM slot. Besides the first season, which launched in midseason, all seasons of Castle have been supersized. Season 2 and 3 consisted of 24 episodes each. Word is one more is all ABC needed this season. The network’s flagship series, comedy Modern Family, already has an order for 24 episodes.
ABC Orders Extra Episode Of 'Castle'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- The Onion Sets Election Retrospective Special On Fusion
- ‘Rocky Horror Picture Show’ EP Lou Adler On Laverne Cox & Why The TV Version Isn’t Live
- FNC Snags Largest Crowd, NBC Takes News Demo, As Final Debate Hits 65M Viewers And Counting – Update
- Donald Trump Promises To Accept Election Results On November 8 – If He Wins
- NBC Buys ‘Last Hope’ Drama From Lee Child, Andrew Dettmann & EuropaCorp
- CBS Orders ‘Salvation’ Summer Drama Series Produced By Alex Kurtzman