ABC has given Castle an order for one additional episode, bringing its fourth season to 23 episodes. The quirky detective drama starring Nathan Fillion has been a slow builder but was able to branch out of an early cult status to become a solid performer in the Monday 10 PM slot. Besides the first season, which launched in midseason, all seasons of Castle have been supersized. Season 2 and 3 consisted of 24 episodes each. Word is one more is all ABC needed this season. The network’s flagship series, comedy Modern Family, already has an order for 24 episodes.
ABC Orders Extra Episode Of 'Castle'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Martian' Frying 'Pan' At The Weekend Box Office; New York & L.A. Embracing 'Steve Jobs' - Friday Afternoon Update
Latest TV News
- Tegna Blacks Out Dish Network Customers In 38 Markets
- ‘Minority Report’ Order Cut By 3 Episodes
- Bill Cosby Legal Cases Move Forward Ahead Of ‘Dateline’ Special
- ‘Key & Peele’ Showrunners Developing ‘The Romeos’ Buddy Comedy At ABC
- Greg Berlanti Dramas From Chris Fedak & Jennifer Johnson Set At CBS As Put Pilots
- ‘Blindspot’ Gets Full-Season Order By NBC