ABC has given Castle an order for one additional episode, bringing its fourth season to 23 episodes. The quirky detective drama starring Nathan Fillion has been a slow builder but was able to branch out of an early cult status to become a solid performer in the Monday 10 PM slot. Besides the first season, which launched in midseason, all seasons of Castle have been supersized. Season 2 and 3 consisted of 24 episodes each. Word is one more is all ABC needed this season. The network’s flagship series, comedy Modern Family, already has an order for 24 episodes.
ABC Orders Extra Episode Of 'Castle'
What's Hot on Deadline
Mark Ruffalo To Star In HBO Limited Drama Series In Works From Derek Cianfrance Based On Wally Lamb Book
Latest TV News
- ‘Michael Bennett’ Drama Based On James Patterson's Book Series In Works At ABC
- John Kelly Defends Donald Trump’s Call To Soldier’s Widow, Blasts Frederica Wilson At Briefing
- Mipcom Gets Crafty, Social Ups Ante, Broadcasters Face Streaming Squeeze
- Donald Trump: “Disgrace” That Media “Won’t” Cover “Real Russia Story” From…
- Keith Levine Exits Dimension For Prexy Post At David Goyer’s Phantom Four
- ‘The Walking Dead’ To Drop Extra 100th Episode Footage On New AMC VR App