ABC has given Castle an order for one additional episode, bringing its fourth season to 23 episodes. The quirky detective drama starring Nathan Fillion has been a slow builder but was able to branch out of an early cult status to become a solid performer in the Monday 10 PM slot. Besides the first season, which launched in midseason, all seasons of Castle have been supersized. Season 2 and 3 consisted of 24 episodes each. Word is one more is all ABC needed this season. The network’s flagship series, comedy Modern Family, already has an order for 24 episodes.
ABC Orders Extra Episode Of 'Castle'
Trending Now on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Finale Ratings Hit 4-Season High, 'The Voice' Down, 'Flash' & 'Mindy Project' Even
More From Andreeva
- 'Red Band Society' Pulled From Schedule, Will Stop Production After 13 Episodes
- Networks Scale Back, Bet On Remakes & Medical Dramas This Development Season
- Joe Bastianich To Depart 'MasterChef' Franchise
- Joel McHale To Produce E! Pilot About Snarky Web Comments
- Nicole Kidman & Reese Witherspoon To Star In 'Big Little Lies' Limited Series, Penned By David E. Kelley
- Viola Davis & Debra Martin Chase Produce Drama Based On Prosecutor Kym Worthy