When I take a taxi I usually turn off the intrusive TV screen on the back of the driver’s seat. But lots of people don’t, which is why they’re attractive to advertisers — and the folks at ABC, who just announced that they will sell ads and provide snippets of programming to about 10,000 cabs that receive video from Creative Mobile Technologies. The agreement, which takes effect on January 1, includes 6,600 NYC cabs and “significantly expands the growth opportunities ahead for our taxi TV programming and advertising business,” says Dave Davis, President and General Manager of WABC-TV in New York. The companies say that “ABC’s substantial and growing presence in Times Square will afford myriad synergistic opportunities with CMT’s in-taxi media.” (Uh-oh.) Cabs in the Big Apple that receive programming from CMT will offer local news and weather updated four times a day, and news-you-can-use features. The loop begins shortly after the driver flips the meter. The deal also covers CMT-affiliated cabs in Chicago, San Francisco, Boston, Anaheim, Kansas City, Denver, Columbus, and Charlotte. The companies say that the agreement will “lay the groundwork for additional expansion into new markets … in the coming months.” They didn’t disclose financial terms.
ABC Hails Taxis With A Deal To Boost Its Backseat Audience In NYC
What's Hot on Deadline
John Oliver Offers Donald Trump His Emmy Award If Candidate Will Accept Election Results On November 8
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Saturday Night Live' Hits Season High Ratings With Tom Hanks, Lady Gaga & More Donald Trump & Hillary Clinton
Latest TV News
- John Oliver Offers Donald Trump His Emmy Award If Candidate Will Accept Election Results On November 8
- ‘The Talking Dead’: ‘Walking Dead’ Cast Talk Shocking Character Deaths In Rainy Live Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 7 Premiere: Negan’s Victim Revealed In Bloody Opener
- Benedict Cumberbatch To Host ‘Saturday Night Live’ November 5
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 7 Preview: Who Does Negan Kill? Is It [Spoiler]?
- Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration “Should Kill” The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: “Higher Prices & Fewer Choices”…