ABC has formally ordered to pilot an untitled half-hour single-camera comedy from feature writer Dan Fogelman (Crazy, Stupid, Love; Cars). The network originally bought Fogelman’s spec script in October with a pilot production commitment. The project, which will be produced by ABC Studios, centers on a family that moves into a highly desirable gated community in New Jersey only to discover that the entire neighborhood is made up of aliens disguised as humans. Chris Koch (Modern Family) will direct the pilot, which is executive produced by Fogelman, Koch and Aaron Kaplan of Kapital Entertainment. The Fogelman comedy joins another off-cycle ABC comedy pilot, the Kirstie Alley-starring The Manzanis, which is fully cast and is slated to film shortly. That pilot is also executive produced by Kaplan for ABC Studios.
ABC Gives Pilot Green Light To Dan Fogelman's Alien Family Comedy
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- NBC Buys Legal Drama From Matt Lopez & John Glenn
- Julianna Margulies Inks Production Deal With CBS Studios
- 'Hand Of God' To Go To Series, Two Others Likely As Amazon Studios Starts Making Series Pickup Decisions
- ABC Nabs 1970s Female Cop Drama From Fake Empire & Kapital Entertainment As Put Pilot
- 'Rush Hour' To Be Remade As Action Series From Bill Lawrence & Brett Ratner
- Yvonne Strahovski To Co-Star In ABC's 'Astronaut Wives Club'