The Newsroom. That is the official title of Aaron Sorkin’s upcoming HBO drama series, once known as More As This Story Develops. The new title made its debut in HBO’s just- released end-of-year trailer (video below), which highlights the network’s 2011 series and movies as well the upcoming attractions for 2012, including The Newsroom, represented by several frames, the first footage from the show to be released by HBO. Sorkin’s series has been without a title for the past couple of months though speculation about Newsroom being the top choice surfaced early this month following a post on TVNewser. At the time, the title had not been cleared. Its variation, The Newsroom, was confirmed by HBO as the official title today. The Newsroom stars Jeff Daniels as the anchor of a primetime program on a cable news network; Emily Mortimer as his new executive producer; Alison Pill, John Gallagher Jr, Olivia Munn, Dev Patel and Thomas Sadoski as newsroom staffers; and Sam Waterston as the network’s president. They were joined recently by Jane Fonda, who signed on for a recurring role as the CEO of the network’s parent company.
Aaron Sorkin's New HBO Series Gets Title: 'The Newsroom'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Miss Peregrine' Rules With $26M; 'Deepwater Horizon' $20M; 'Masterminds' Dumbs Down - Saturday Update
'Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children' Review: Eccentric Family Movie Is Tim Burton's Perfect Match
How Paramount's 'Ghost In The Shell' Hacked 'Mr. Robot's Season 2 Finale & Took Social Media By Storm
Latest TV News
- Richard Trentlage Dies; Ad Man Wrote Iconic Oscar Mayer Wiener Jingle
- ‘MacGyver’ Ratings Down In Week 2 But CBS Still Tops Night, ‘Exorcist’ Falls
- Samantha Bee On Debate: Donald Trump Revealed Himself In Small Ways
- Sean Penn Plugs Mysterious “Author” Pappy Pariah On HBO’s ‘Real Time With Bill Maher’
- ‘Archer’ Creator Looking To End Series With 10th Season
- ‘Legends Of Chamberlain Heights’ Duo Josiah Johnson & Quinn Hawking Sign With UTA