The Newsroom. That is the official title of Aaron Sorkin’s upcoming HBO drama series, once known as More As This Story Develops. The new title made its debut in HBO’s just- released end-of-year trailer (video below), which highlights the network’s 2011 series and movies as well the upcoming attractions for 2012, including The Newsroom, represented by several frames, the first footage from the show to be released by HBO. Sorkin’s series has been without a title for the past couple of months though speculation about Newsroom being the top choice surfaced early this month following a post on TVNewser. At the time, the title had not been cleared. Its variation, The Newsroom, was confirmed by HBO as the official title today. The Newsroom stars Jeff Daniels as the anchor of a primetime program on a cable news network; Emily Mortimer as his new executive producer; Alison Pill, John Gallagher Jr, Olivia Munn, Dev Patel and Thomas Sadoski as newsroom staffers; and Sam Waterston as the network’s president. They were joined recently by Jane Fonda, who signed on for a recurring role as the CEO of the network’s parent company.
Aaron Sorkin's New HBO Series Gets Title: 'The Newsroom'
What's Hot on Deadline
Meghan McCain Discovers Donald Trump Lies, Blasting Her Cancer-Stricken Father At CPAC After Promising To Stop
John Oliver, HBO Score Legal Victory Over Coal King: First Amendment Protects "Geriatric Dr. Evil" Jab
Berlin Film Festival Winners: 'Touch Me Not' Is Golden Bear; Wes Anderson Takes Best Director For 'Isle Of Dogs' - Full List
Latest TV News
- Omarosa Talks About Writing A Tell-All on ‘Celebrity Big Brother’, Says She Has To “Tell Her Truth”
- MSNBC Analyst Michael Steele To Conservative Honcho: “I’ve Taken Crap You Have No Idea About”
- Fox News To Air Live Donald Trump Interview With Jeanine Pirro Tonight
- CNN Claims Father Of School Shooting Hero May Have Altered Email To Fuel “Fake News” Charges
- John Oliver, HBO Score Legal Victory Over Coal King: First Amendment Protects “Geriatric Dr. Evil” Jab
- Emma Chambers Dies: ‘Notting Hill’ Actress Was 53