The clock has started on 24, the feature version of the Imagine Entertainment/Fox series. The project brings back Kiefer Sutherland’s tireless government operative Jack Bauer. Mark Bomback — a favorite writer at 20th Century Fox writing The Wolverine and Shadow Divers — is doing some last minute tweaking of Billy Ray’s script, and will turn it in by year’s end. Imagine and the studio have about five directors in mind — no, Tony Scott is not attached anymore — and it will all begin happening very quickly in the early part of next year. The goal is to get the film into production to match Sutherland’s availability, which begins in April. That should give producer Brian Grazer something to do after he completes producing the Academy Awards, and it is certainly good news for fans of the show who were beginning to fear the project wouldn’t happen.
'24' Heating Up For Spring Start With Kiefer Sutherland In Jack Bauer Mode
What's Hot on Deadline
How Paramount's 'Ghost In The Shell' Hacked 'Mr. Robot's Season 2 Finale & Took Social Media By Storm
Latest Film News
- ‘War For The Planet Of The Apes’ Invades New York Comic-Con
- ‘Star Trek’ Alums To Fans: Keep White House Donald Trump Free With Vote For Hillary Clinton
- Angelina Jolie In Talks To Star In TriStar’s ‘Shoot Like A Girl’
- ‘Miss Peregrine’ Eyes $27M-$28M; ‘Deepwater Horizon’ Drilling $21M-$22M – Midday B.O. Update
- Chris Hemsworth & Michael Shannon Saddle Up For Black Label Media, Jerry Bruckheimer’s ‘Horse Soldiers’
- Oscars & The New York Film Festival: How Will The Big Apple Event Affect The Race?