We know Hollywood studios fake film reviews and movie ads. Now a sharp-eyed blog recently noticed some “strangely optimistic comments” from the same IP address within a 2-hour span after posting Relativity’s Mirror Mirror trailer. Turns out MovieMavericks.com found the exact same comments placed on many other blogs that posted the Mirror Mirror trailer. “The big question is who’s behind this ‘astroturfing’? Is it someone in Julia Robert’s camp? Tarsem Singh’s, Armie Hammer’s or Lily Collins’ people? Has Relativity Media hired some grey area marketing agency? Or is it simply a devoted fan?” the website asked. Oh puh-leeze: studios regularly hire trolls to post comments on the Internet.
Who's Faking 'Mirror Mirror' Praise? Hmm…
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $59M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred 'Jurassic World' & Possibly 'Last Jedi'
BAFTA Awards: 'Three Billboards' Wins Best Film, Tops Night With Five Nods - The Complete Winners List
Latest Film News
- M.I.A & Ed Sheeran Films Drum Up Global Interest in Rock Docs – Berlin
- Idrissa Ouedraogo Dies: Noted Director Of African Film Was 64
- BAFTA Awards: ‘Three Billboards’ Stuns ‘Shape Of Water’ But Does This Mean Oscar Is Next?…
- History Is Already Written: Film Comedies Came Back In 2018
- Greenwich Entertainment Acquires Lorna Tucker Docu ‘Westwood: Punk, Icon, Activist’
- BAFTA Awards: ‘Three Billboards’ Wins Best Film, Tops Night With Five Nods – The Complete Winners List