After Brett Ratner’s spectacular self-inflicted demise as Oscarcast producer, the Academy gets down to business finding a replacement to join Don Mischer in picking up the pieces. I’ve heard speculation ranging from Scott Sanders (who was eyed before Ratner got the nod) to previous Oscar producers Joe Roth, Adam Shankman and Laurence Mark. Harvey Weinstein offered an out-of-the-box suggestion last night. Weinstein, who has sat through plenty of Oscarcasts, suggested drafting Saturday Night Live producer Lorne Michaels, and getting Tina Fey involved in the writing. The idea is they would make Eddie Murphy comfortable and give the broadcast a strong comic focus. I’m not sure Michaels or Fey could spare the time away from their weekly show obligations in New York, though. Who should produce the show?
Who Should Replace Brett Ratner?
What's Hot on Deadline
Sylvester Stallone & Antoine Fuqua Plot TV Series 'Omerta,' 'The Godfather' Author Mario Puzo's Last Novel
Latest Film News
- Penelope Cruz To Star In Adaptation Of Lisa Zeidner Novel ‘Layover’ – Cannes
- Regal Says Recliner Seats Cushioned Higher Than Expected Q1 Results
- Why Did Comcast Buy DreamWorks Animation? Because It Can
- Sarah Snook In Talks For Lionsgate’s ‘The Glass Castle’ Opposite Brie Larson
- Alicia Vikander Cast As Lara Croft In ‘Tomb Raider’
- ‘Tulip Fever’ Trailer: Alicia Vikander, Dane DeHaan, Forbidden Love & The Booming Tulip-Bulb Market