After Brett Ratner’s spectacular self-inflicted demise as Oscarcast producer, the Academy gets down to business finding a replacement to join Don Mischer in picking up the pieces. I’ve heard speculation ranging from Scott Sanders (who was eyed before Ratner got the nod) to previous Oscar producers Joe Roth, Adam Shankman and Laurence Mark. Harvey Weinstein offered an out-of-the-box suggestion last night. Weinstein, who has sat through plenty of Oscarcasts, suggested drafting Saturday Night Live producer Lorne Michaels, and getting Tina Fey involved in the writing. The idea is they would make Eddie Murphy comfortable and give the broadcast a strong comic focus. I’m not sure Michaels or Fey could spare the time away from their weekly show obligations in New York, though. Who should produce the show?
Who Should Replace Brett Ratner?
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert Asks Anderson Cooper How Corey Lewandowski Works For CNN While Still Getting Trump Money
Latest Film News
- Venice Film Fest Cancels Opening Night Gala In Solidarity With Italy Earthquake Victims
- Image Awards Set For February 11 On TV One
- Peter Bart: Remembering Arthur Hiller, The Director Who Loved Writers
- Fantastic Fest Sets ‘Arrival’ As Opening-Night Film
- TriStar Bets On DraftKings-FanDuel Saga As A Movie
- ‘Paradise Lost’ Director Joe Berlinger Joins IDA’s Board Of Directors