After Brett Ratner’s spectacular self-inflicted demise as Oscarcast producer, the Academy gets down to business finding a replacement to join Don Mischer in picking up the pieces. I’ve heard speculation ranging from Scott Sanders (who was eyed before Ratner got the nod) to previous Oscar producers Joe Roth, Adam Shankman and Laurence Mark. Harvey Weinstein offered an out-of-the-box suggestion last night. Weinstein, who has sat through plenty of Oscarcasts, suggested drafting Saturday Night Live producer Lorne Michaels, and getting Tina Fey involved in the writing. The idea is they would make Eddie Murphy comfortable and give the broadcast a strong comic focus. I’m not sure Michaels or Fey could spare the time away from their weekly show obligations in New York, though. Who should produce the show?
Who Should Replace Brett Ratner?
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Jessica Chastain Sitting Bull Painter Pic ‘Woman Walks Ahead’ Snapped Up By A24 & DirecTV
- APA Investigating Agent As Two Men Come Forward With Sexual Assault Allegations
- Ex-Deputy L.A. Film Czar Appointed To New AFCI Position Of President
- Viacom Has Running Room With Ratings Uptick, Charter Carriage Deal–UBS Analyst
- The Deadline Podcast: “What Is A Movie?”, With Guest Robert Evans
- Naomi Watts To Star In Psychological Thriller ‘The Wolf Hour’