You have to give Brian Williams credit for his the-show-must-go-on effort when his opening on last night’s NBC Nightly News was interrupted by a fire alarm inside the newscast’s new studio. Luckily for East Coast viewers, the story on the American Airlines bankruptcy called for a toss to reporter Tom Costello in Washington DC, where the alarm wasn’t a factor. Williams retaped the segment for the West Coast, which didn’t get to share in the fun.
VIDEO: Brian Williams Vs. NBC Fire Drill
What's Hot on Deadline
'Transformers: The Last Knight' Dawns With $85M Through Friday, $48M In China - International Box Office
Newcomer Katherine Langford On ‘13 Reasons Why’: "It Was The Best First Show I Could Have Ever Done"
Latest TV News
- ‘Real Time’: Bill Maher Pledges Contribution To Activist Labeled “Anti-Muslim Extremist”
- DGA To Elect New President Saturday At Convention
- ‘The Exorcist’: Jason Ensler Joins Fox Drama Series As Executive Producer
- Stephen Colbert Announces Possible White House Run In 2020, On Russian TV
- Steven Williams Joins ‘The Chi’; Alejandro Edda In ‘Cocaine Godmother’
- ‘Downward Dog’ Canceled By ABC After 1 Season, Will Be Shopped To Other Nets