UTA has gone outside of the agency world for its latest agent hire. Lucinda Moorhead, Manager of Development at BBC Worldwide Prods., is joining UTA as an agent in the TV Literary Department. She will start at the beginning of the year. Moorhead, who has some agency experience (she started off as an assistant at CAA), spent the last 3 years at Los Angeles-based BBC Worldwide Prods.. There, she worked on the development of scripted series, including Starz’s Torchwood: Miracle Day; Starz’s upcoming drama series Da Vinci’s Demons, and the NBC drama project Borgen, based on the Danish format. “Lucinda is a passionate advocate for great television, and we know she will be a terrific agent and a major asset to our team,” UTA Managing Director Jay Sures said. Added Jane Tranter, Head of BBC Worldwide Prods., Lucinda has a rare combination of drive, creative passion, insight and wit. She is a class act, talented, warm, funny and bright. UTA is lucky to have her spark on their team, and we all wish her huge amounts of luck and happiness on this exciting new stage of her career. “
UTA Hires BBC Worldwide Prods. Executive As TV Lit Agent
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'Guardians' Tops 2014; 'As Above/So Below' Nabs No. 3; 'Cantinflas' Es Excelente!
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'