Universal TV has rounded out its development team with the hire of Andy Weil as VP Comedy Development. Universal TV EVP Bela Bajaria last month appointed Russell Rothberg as SVP drama/department head, Tracey Pakosta as SVP comedy/department head and Erin Underhill as SVP Drama, with a similar position on the comedy side left open. It will now be filled by 27-year-old Weil, who comes from BermanBraun, where he served as head of scripted television. “Andy has great creative instincts, strong relationships, and a good track record in selling comedies,” Bajaria said. At BermanBraun, Weil shepherded the development of the company’s drama series Alphas for Syfy and The Cape for NBC; comedy Accidentally On Purpose for CBS; the Lifetime dramedy pilot Modern Love, which was originally developed at HBO as a half-hour comedy; and Apocalipstick, a comedy BermanBraun recently sold to NBC with Universal TV.
Universal TV Names Andy Weil VP Comedy
What's Hot on Deadline
Veterans 'Elementary', '2 Broke Girls', 'Criminal Minds' & 'Amazing Race' Among Series Left In Limbo After CBS Renewals
CBS Renews 5 Freshman & 11 Returning Series, Including 'MacGyver', 'Superior Donuts', 'Life In Pieces' & 'Hawaii Five-0'
Latest TV News
- AMPTP To Stuntwomen: If You See Something, Say Something
- WGA Contract Talks Coming Down To Wire
- Amazon Near Pickups Of Comedy Pilots From Michael Patrick King, George Saunders & Diarra Kilpatrick
- ‘Being Mary Jane’ Casts Raney Branch; Falk Hentschel Joins ‘The Alienist’
- Justice Department Settles Suit Over DirecTV’s Effort To Keep Dodgers Games Dark – Update
- Final Member Of Movie & Music Counterfeiting Ring Sentenced To Prison