Universal TV has rounded out its development team with the hire of Andy Weil as VP Comedy Development. Universal TV EVP Bela Bajaria last month appointed Russell Rothberg as SVP drama/department head, Tracey Pakosta as SVP comedy/department head and Erin Underhill as SVP Drama, with a similar position on the comedy side left open. It will now be filled by 27-year-old Weil, who comes from BermanBraun, where he served as head of scripted television. “Andy has great creative instincts, strong relationships, and a good track record in selling comedies,” Bajaria said. At BermanBraun, Weil shepherded the development of the company’s drama series Alphas for Syfy and The Cape for NBC; comedy Accidentally On Purpose for CBS; the Lifetime dramedy pilot Modern Love, which was originally developed at HBO as a half-hour comedy; and Apocalipstick, a comedy BermanBraun recently sold to NBC with Universal TV.
Universal TV Names Andy Weil VP Comedy
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Kate Del Castillo Netflix Series ‘Ingobernable’ To Film In U.S.
- Hulu Confirms Skinny Bundle & Live Nation Concert Deal – Newfront
- Stacey Dash Cast As Chicago Mayor In ‘Sharknado: The 4th Awakens’ Amid Slew Of Cameos
- Telemundo Studios Promotes Two Key Scripted Executives
- Hulu Acquires Ron Howard’s Beatles Documentary To Launch Docu Films Arm