The mark was set when Monday’s actuals were tallied. This year the studio had 4 films gross $100 million or more: Fast Five ($209.8M), Bridesmaids ($169.1M), Hop ($108M), Cowboys & Aliens ($100.2M). Universal Pictures International crossed the $1 billion mark on October 13th, and currently has $1.2 billion in overseas box office grosses.
Universal Passes $1B Domestic Box Office
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- HBO Year-Ender Teases 'Game Of Thrones', 'Veep', More — Video
- Did U.S. Strike Back For Sony Hack? Massive North Korea Internet Outages Reported
- Jeff Zucker: CNN Had Terrific Year, Though “Not Without Its Challenges”
- Disney & Cable Operators Ink Retrans Deal For ABC-Owned Stations
- Alexandre Desplat On 'The Imitation Game': “I Was Moved By What Was Onscreen'
- 'Focus' Trailer: Will Smith, Margot Robbie & The Big Con