Veteran ABC Family executive Tom Zappala has joined Spike TV as EVP Programming. He will oversee Spike’s scheduling, media planning and acquisitions, reporting to Spike TV president Kevin Kay. Zappala spent the last eight years at ABC Family, where he most recently served as EVP program acquisitions and scheduling, overseeing off-network, first-run and feature acquisitions, international and domestic co-productions, planning and scheduling, on-air promotional scheduling and digital scheduling initiatives. He was also the architect of ABC Family’s popular “25 Days Of Christmas” annual event. Zappala left ABC Family at the end of October when the network noted that he was relocating back east to be closer to his family. “We are thrilled to have one of the top programmers in the industry join our team,” Kay said. “Tom has a proven track record of success and we look forward to utilizing his wealth of programming experience as Spike continues to grow and expand its audience.” Before ABC Family, Zappala was SVP Programming for Viacom.
Tom Zappala Joins Spike TV As EVP Programming
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $59M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred 'Jurassic World' & Possibly 'Last Jedi'
BAFTA Awards: 'Three Billboards' Wins Best Film, Tops Night With Five Nods - The Complete Winners List
Latest TV News
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Exec Producer Frank Doelger Launches Drama Firm
- Donald Trump Taunts Oprah At End Of Manic Weekend Of Tweets And TV News Watching
- John Oliver Joins Parkland Students “Calling Bullsh*t” On “Too Soon To Talk About” Gun Laws Blather
- ‘Celebrity Big Brother’: Omarosa Talks Campaigning For Hillary Clinton, Says She Would Have Been “Exceptional”…
- Winter Olympics: Adam Rippon Turns Down NBC Correspondent Position, Net Struggles With Broadcast Gaffes — Update
- Olympics Ratings Fall To 2018 Low On 2nd Saturday; Steady With Sochi 2014