Veteran ABC Family executive Tom Zappala has joined Spike TV as EVP Programming. He will oversee Spike’s scheduling, media planning and acquisitions, reporting to Spike TV president Kevin Kay. Zappala spent the last eight years at ABC Family, where he most recently served as EVP program acquisitions and scheduling, overseeing off-network, first-run and feature acquisitions, international and domestic co-productions, planning and scheduling, on-air promotional scheduling and digital scheduling initiatives. He was also the architect of ABC Family’s popular “25 Days Of Christmas” annual event. Zappala left ABC Family at the end of October when the network noted that he was relocating back east to be closer to his family. “We are thrilled to have one of the top programmers in the industry join our team,” Kay said. “Tom has a proven track record of success and we look forward to utilizing his wealth of programming experience as Spike continues to grow and expand its audience.” Before ABC Family, Zappala was SVP Programming for Viacom.
Tom Zappala Joins Spike TV As EVP Programming
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Jeffrey Tambor Accused By 'Transparent' Actress Of Sexual Harassment; Actor Admits "Flaws," Says "Misinterpreted"
'The Royals' Female Cast & Crew Members Speak Out, Accuse Showrunner Mark Schwahn Of Sexual Harassment
MoviePass Launches Annual Subscription Plan For Under $8 A Month: That's Lower Than The Average Movie Ticket Price
Latest TV News
- Jenji Kohan Inks Overall Deal With Netflix
- ‘Mad Men’s Marti Noxon Speaks Out Against Matthew Weiner: “I Believe Kater Gordon”
- ABC Buys Small-Town Family Comedy From ‘Life In Pieces’ Duo
- Discovery And Scripps Shareholders Approve Pending $14.6 Billion Merger
- Al Franken Accuser Reads Letter Of Apology She Received, On ‘The View’
- ‘Beat Bugs: All Together Now’ Trailer: First Look At Josh Wakely’s Netflix Special