Veteran ABC Family executive Tom Zappala has joined Spike TV as EVP Programming. He will oversee Spike’s scheduling, media planning and acquisitions, reporting to Spike TV president Kevin Kay. Zappala spent the last eight years at ABC Family, where he most recently served as EVP program acquisitions and scheduling, overseeing off-network, first-run and feature acquisitions, international and domestic co-productions, planning and scheduling, on-air promotional scheduling and digital scheduling initiatives. He was also the architect of ABC Family’s popular “25 Days Of Christmas” annual event. Zappala left ABC Family at the end of October when the network noted that he was relocating back east to be closer to his family. “We are thrilled to have one of the top programmers in the industry join our team,” Kay said. “Tom has a proven track record of success and we look forward to utilizing his wealth of programming experience as Spike continues to grow and expand its audience.” Before ABC Family, Zappala was SVP Programming for Viacom.
Tom Zappala Joins Spike TV As EVP Programming
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fate Of The Furious' Fires Up $745M Offshore, $908M WW; Tops 'Transformers' In China - International Box Office
'Dear Basketball' Scribe Kobe Bryant On A Career Built "Piece By Piece" And Life After Basketball — Tribeca Studio
Martin Scorsese, Leonardo DiCaprio & Robert De Niro Eyeing 'Killers Of The Flower Moon' From Eric Roth Adaptation
Latest TV News
- Norman Lear To Host Weekly Podcast; Amy Poehler, Julia Louis-Dreyfus Among Guests
- Netflix To Seek €1B In Debt To Help Pay For Original Programming
- EOne, Aquarius Board Aussie Series ‘The Other Guy’; Studiocanal Picks Up ‘American Gods’; Viceland Producing Comedy ‘Brexit Stage…
- 'Feud: Bette and Joan' Finale: EP Tim Minear Avoided A "Petty Bitchfest"
- ‘Genius’ Stars Geoffrey Rush & Johnny Flynn On Their Shared Task Of Humanizing Albert Einstein…
- BAFTA TV Craft Award Winners Include ‘The Crown’, ‘The Night Manager’, ‘National Treasure’…