Veteran ABC Family executive Tom Zappala has joined Spike TV as EVP Programming. He will oversee Spike’s scheduling, media planning and acquisitions, reporting to Spike TV president Kevin Kay. Zappala spent the last eight years at ABC Family, where he most recently served as EVP program acquisitions and scheduling, overseeing off-network, first-run and feature acquisitions, international and domestic co-productions, planning and scheduling, on-air promotional scheduling and digital scheduling initiatives. He was also the architect of ABC Family’s popular “25 Days Of Christmas” annual event. Zappala left ABC Family at the end of October when the network noted that he was relocating back east to be closer to his family. “We are thrilled to have one of the top programmers in the industry join our team,” Kay said. “Tom has a proven track record of success and we look forward to utilizing his wealth of programming experience as Spike continues to grow and expand its audience.” Before ABC Family, Zappala was SVP Programming for Viacom.
Tom Zappala Joins Spike TV As EVP Programming
Trending Now on Deadline
Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup
'Constantine' Ratings Rise, 'Last Man Standing' Down, 'Shark Tank' Up, 'Blue Bloods' Even; ABC Wins Night In Demo
More From Andreeva
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates
- Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup