Tonight in the Samuel Goldwyn theater, at the Academy Of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences president Tom Sherak got a knowing laugh. It was right before the screening of The Great White Hope as part of the new Governors Awards film series. He was introducing the tribute to James Earl Jones and asked the audience, “How’s your week been? Let’s compare weeks.” Then Tom added, “There are 52 weeks in a year. It’s just one week.” Yes, but this has been a week for the Oscar history books.
Tom Sherak Reflects On The Past Week…
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill O'Reilly To Matt Lauer On His Firing From Fox News & Sexual Harassment Claims: "This Was A Hit Job"
Latest Awardsline News
- Oscars: France Enters Robin Campillo’s ‘BPM’ In Foreign Language Race
- ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’: How 32-Year-Old Book Became Timely Drama & Toast Of the Emmys
- How Sean Spicer’s Surprise Emmys Cameo Came To Be, And What He’s Doing For An Encore
- Emmys 2017: Executive Red Carpet Arrivals Photo Gallery
- Deadline To Launch The Contenders London Event Showcasing Film Awards Prospects
- Emmy Awards Match All-Time Low Of 2016 With 11.4M Viewers; Hits Demo Low