Tonight in the Samuel Goldwyn theater, at the Academy Of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences president Tom Sherak got a knowing laugh. It was right before the screening of The Great White Hope as part of the new Governors Awards film series. He was introducing the tribute to James Earl Jones and asked the audience, “How’s your week been? Let’s compare weeks.” Then Tom added, “There are 52 weeks in a year. It’s just one week.” Yes, but this has been a week for the Oscar history books.
Tom Sherak Reflects On The Past Week…
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $60M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred 'Jurassic World' & Possibly 'Last Jedi'
Olympic Curling Medalist From Russia Busted For Doping; Wardrobe Malfunction Leaves French Ice Dancer Exposed
Roy Wood Jr. To Star In Parole Officer Comedy From Trevor Noah & Aaron McGruder In Works At Comedy Central
Latest Awardsline News
- Oscars Street Closures: When & Where To Expect Detours, Delays
- ‘Dunkirk’, ‘Blade Runner 2049’ Take Home Top Honors At MPSE Golden Reel Awards – Complete…
- BAFTA Awards: ‘Three Billboards’ Stuns ‘Shape Of Water’ But Does This Mean Oscar Is Next?…
- BAFTA Awards: ‘Three Billboards’ Wins Best Film, Tops Night With Five Nods – The Complete Winners List
- ASC Awards: ‘Blade Runner 2049’ Wins For Theatrical, 'The Crown' Tops TV — Complete Winners List
- Humanitas Prize Winners Include ‘Mudbound’, ‘The Post’ & ‘Lady Bird’