EXCLUSIVE: Emmy winner Todd Holland has been tapped to direct NBC’s single-camera comedy Isabel. The project, a family comedy with a magical twist, was written on spec by Howard Busgang and Tom Nursall. Inspired by the French-Canadian series Le Monde De Charlotte, it centers on an otherwise normal angry middle-class family that wrestles with the challenges of everyday life while raising a daughter who has magical qualities. In addition to directing, Holland, who is based at Universal TV with producing partner Karey Burke, will also serve as an executive producer on the pilot alongside Aaron Kaplan, French-Canadian TV producer Jocelyn Deschenes, Busgang and Nursall. Holland’s directing work on another single-camera family comedy, Fox’s Malcolm In the Middle, earned him one of his 3 Emmy awards (the other 2 were for episodes of Malcolm and The Larry Sanders Show). He most recently directed the pilot for NBC’s comedy series Free Agents.
Todd Holland To Direct NBC's Comedy Pilot 'Isabel'
What's Hot on Deadline
Arrow/Flash Superhero Team-Up Spinoff In Works At CW; Brandon Routh, Victor Garber, Wentworth Miller, Caity Lotz Star
Bill O'Reilly Victim Of "Orchestrated Campaign" Fox News Says As He Responds To One Of New Reports – Update
More From Andreeva
- Michael Cassidy To Star In Aseem Batra Pilot, Sam Huntington In ‘How We Live’
- Stark Sands To Star In ‘Minority Report’
- Jack Davenport To Co-Star In HBO’s Sarah Silverman Pilot; Kerri Kenney Also Cast
- Arrow/Flash Superhero Team-Up Spinoff In Works At CW; Brandon Routh, Victor Garber, Wentworth Miller, Caity Lotz Star
- Alison Pill Cast In Jenna Bans ABC Pilot
- Meagan Good To Star In ‘Minority Report’ Fox Pilot