With freshly picked Oscars producer Brian Grazer now looking for a host, one of the first calls some people suggest he make is to The Muppets. A Facebook page has been advocating for the Muppets to host the Oscars since February 28th and now appears to be gaining traction with today’s departure of Eddie Murphy. Quite a few Deadline comments echo the sentiment. But The Muppets? Really? Disney owns both the Muppets and ABC, which is the network that broadcasts the Oscars and just happens to have a new movie starring Jim Henson’s creations releasing on November 23rd. Can you smell PR stunt?
The Muppets As Oscar Hosts? …Really?
What's Hot on Deadline
Barcelona Terrorist Attack: 13 Confirmed Dead, 100+ Hurt After Van Rams Crowd; Two Suspects Arrested - Update
After Horrific Summer At Box Office, 'It' Will Bring Life To Fall Marketplace With Potential $60M Opening
'Suits' Spinoff Starring Gina Torres To Be Introduced In 'Suits' Season 7 Finale, Will Be About Chicago Politics
Latest Awardsline News
- ‘This Is Us’ Makeup Artist Zoe Hay On Finding The Right Approach To Subtle Aging Makeup
- Emmy Predictions: Actress In A Comedy Series
- ‘Better Call Saul’s Bob Odenkirk On His Approach to Dramatic Acting And Identifying As Writer First
- How ‘Feud’ Composer Mac Quayle Mined New Territory With ’60s Orchestral Score
- Emmy Predictions: Actor In A Comedy Series
- ‘StarTalk’ Host Neil Degrasse Tyson On The Value Of Curiosity & The Tag Line He Originally Had In Mind For Series