With freshly picked Oscars producer Brian Grazer now looking for a host, one of the first calls some people suggest he make is to The Muppets. A Facebook page has been advocating for the Muppets to host the Oscars since February 28th and now appears to be gaining traction with today’s departure of Eddie Murphy. Quite a few Deadline comments echo the sentiment. But The Muppets? Really? Disney owns both the Muppets and ABC, which is the network that broadcasts the Oscars and just happens to have a new movie starring Jim Henson’s creations releasing on November 23rd. Can you smell PR stunt?
The Muppets As Oscar Hosts? …Really?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Transformers: The Last Knight' Running Out Of Gas With $15.6M Opening Day; CinemaScore Dips To B+ - Update
'Black Mirror' Creator Charlie Brooker On His Affinity For "Idea-Based Dramas" And What's To Come In Season 4
'Quantico': Priyanka Chopra Among 4 Cast Members Returning For Season 3, Michael Seitzman Set As New Showrunner
Latest Awardsline News
- ‘Fashion Photo RuView’ EPs Fenton Bailey & Randy Barbato On Their “Screen Agnostic” Approach To…
- L.A. Film Fest Award Winners: ‘Becks’, ‘The Keeping Hours’ Among Honorees – Complete List
- Deadline’s TV Talk Podcast #10: Too Much TV, ‘Big Little Lies’ Nicole Kidman & Betting On Robert…
- ‘Westworld’ & ‘American Gods’ Makeup Designer On Developing Sensitivity To Grisly…
- ‘Dear Evan Hansen’ & ‘La La Land’ Songwriters Benj Pasek & Justin Paul On Their ‘Flash’ Song – In…
- ‘The Leftovers’ Star Scott Glenn & Director Mimi Leder On Their Exposure To “The Oldest Culture On Planet Earth”…