With freshly picked Oscars producer Brian Grazer now looking for a host, one of the first calls some people suggest he make is to The Muppets. A Facebook page has been advocating for the Muppets to host the Oscars since February 28th and now appears to be gaining traction with today’s departure of Eddie Murphy. Quite a few Deadline comments echo the sentiment. But The Muppets? Really? Disney owns both the Muppets and ABC, which is the network that broadcasts the Oscars and just happens to have a new movie starring Jim Henson’s creations releasing on November 23rd. Can you smell PR stunt?
The Muppets As Oscar Hosts? …Really?
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Awardsline News
- Oscars: Deadline’s Pete Hammond & Gold Derby’s Tom O’Neil On Ever-Changing Awards Landscape With Harvey Out And…
- Director Julie Taymor Gets ‘Mr. Abbott’ Nod From Directors & Choreographers
- ‘Get Out’ Tops IFP Gotham Awards Nominations; ‘Mudbound’ Voted Special Jury Award
- Deadline’s The Contenders At Capacity; Long Waiting List For Award Season Kickoff Event
- ‘Chasing Titles Vol. 1’: Brian Austin Green Plays A Father On The Brink In Drug-Crime Drama – Awardsline…
- Diana Ross To Receive American Music Award For Lifetime Achievement