With freshly picked Oscars producer Brian Grazer now looking for a host, one of the first calls some people suggest he make is to The Muppets. A Facebook page has been advocating for the Muppets to host the Oscars since February 28th and now appears to be gaining traction with today’s departure of Eddie Murphy. Quite a few Deadline comments echo the sentiment. But The Muppets? Really? Disney owns both the Muppets and ABC, which is the network that broadcasts the Oscars and just happens to have a new movie starring Jim Henson’s creations releasing on November 23rd. Can you smell PR stunt?
The Muppets As Oscar Hosts? …Really?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Blade Runner' Nears $100M Offshore, Has Soft Korea Open; 'Kingsman' Closes In On $200M - International Box Office
Latest Awardsline News
- IDA Awards To Honor Marcel Mettelsiefen's ‘Watani: My Homeland’
- NBCUniversal Short Film Festival Finale Will Celebrate Diversity
- ‘Mudbound’, Pixar’s ‘Coco’ To Be Honored At Hollywood Film Awards
- Television Academy To Discuss Harvey Weinstein At Thursday Board Meeting, Calls Alleged Behavior “Abhorrent”
- Hollywood Celebrates Harvey Weinstein Academy Expulsion With Online Glee
- Movie Academy Votes To Expel Harvey Weinstein: Complicity “In Our Industry Is Over”