With freshly picked Oscars producer Brian Grazer now looking for a host, one of the first calls some people suggest he make is to The Muppets. A Facebook page has been advocating for the Muppets to host the Oscars since February 28th and now appears to be gaining traction with today’s departure of Eddie Murphy. Quite a few Deadline comments echo the sentiment. But The Muppets? Really? Disney owns both the Muppets and ABC, which is the network that broadcasts the Oscars and just happens to have a new movie starring Jim Henson’s creations releasing on November 23rd. Can you smell PR stunt?
The Muppets As Oscar Hosts? …Really?
What's Hot on Deadline
Jimmy Kimmel Defends Florida Students Under Attack From Far Right Wingnuts Ted Nugent, Donald Trump Jr.
Latest Awardsline News
- ‘Mudbound’ Cinematographer Rachel Morrison Makes Oscar History, Capturing Filmic Look Through Digital Processes
- With ‘The Breadwinner’ & ‘First They Killed My Father’, Angelina Jolie Casts Light On Children In…
- Laurie Metcalf On Her Oscar-Nominated ‘Lady Bird’, Returning To ‘Roseanne’ & How B’way Co-Star Glenda Jackson Is A “Monster”…
- Oscars: Gal Gadot, Mark Hamill, Lin-Manuel Miranda Among Second Group Of Presenters
- ‘I, Tonya’, ‘The Shape Of Water’ Top Costume Designers Guild Awards — Complete Winners List
- Study Finds “Little Progress” For Women In Percentage Of Non-Acting Oscar Nominations