With freshly picked Oscars producer Brian Grazer now looking for a host, one of the first calls some people suggest he make is to The Muppets. A Facebook page has been advocating for the Muppets to host the Oscars since February 28th and now appears to be gaining traction with today’s departure of Eddie Murphy. Quite a few Deadline comments echo the sentiment. But The Muppets? Really? Disney owns both the Muppets and ABC, which is the network that broadcasts the Oscars and just happens to have a new movie starring Jim Henson’s creations releasing on November 23rd. Can you smell PR stunt?
The Muppets As Oscar Hosts? …Really?
What's Hot on Deadline
'I Feel Pretty' Takes In $1M, 'Super Troopers 2' Tickets Strong $1.35M, 'Traffik' With $225K In Thursday Previews
'Love, Gilda' Director On Meeting Gene Wilder & Why Some Gilda Radner 'SNL' Peers Aren't In The Doc - Tribeca
Al Pacino, Michelle Pfeiffer and Brian De Palma On 'Scarface' F-Bombs, Chainsaw And Origin Story – Tribeca
Latest Awardsline News
- Deadline’s TV Talk Podcast Returns: Emmy Comedy Best Actor Contenders & More
- ‘Handmaid’s Tale’, ‘Mrs. Maisel’, John Oliver & ‘SNL’ Among Peabody Winners
- Maggie Gyllenhaal On Playing Hookers And Porn Stars, Donald Trump’s ‘Deuce’ Connection, And Taking Control Of Her Career – The…
- Tony Awards Watch: ‘The Band’s Visit’ Delivered A Personal Reckoning (And A Broadway Catchphrase) To…
- Dan Fellman Joins Film Academy’s Board Of Governors After Bill Mechanic Exit
- Broadway’s ‘Harry Potter’, ‘Mean Girls’, ‘Angels In America’ Among Drama League Award Nominees…