With freshly picked Oscars producer Brian Grazer now looking for a host, one of the first calls some people suggest he make is to The Muppets. A Facebook page has been advocating for the Muppets to host the Oscars since February 28th and now appears to be gaining traction with today’s departure of Eddie Murphy. Quite a few Deadline comments echo the sentiment. But The Muppets? Really? Disney owns both the Muppets and ABC, which is the network that broadcasts the Oscars and just happens to have a new movie starring Jim Henson’s creations releasing on November 23rd. Can you smell PR stunt?
The Muppets As Oscar Hosts? …Really?
What's Hot on Deadline
Sundance Names Jada Pinkett Smith, Octavia Spencer & Chaz Ebert To Jury; Jason Mantzoukas To Host Awards Show
Two More Sexual Misconduct Allegations Against Stunt Coordinator Joel Kramer Include One Involving 10th Grade Girl
Eliza Dushku's Former Agent & A Friend Confirm Her Sexual Assault Story On 'True Lies' Set: "Nobody Really Did Anything"
‘70s Screen Icon Pam Grier Speaks On Sex Harassment & Her Biopic With Jay Pharoah Playing Richard Pryor
Latest Awardsline News
- Sam Rockwell To Receive Santa Barbara’s American Riviera Honor
- James L. Brooks To Receive WGA West’s Laurel Award For Screenwriting
- USC Scripter Awards Nominations: Ties Make For Loaded Flim & TV Field
- VES Awards Nominations: ‘Blade Runner 2049’ & Latest ‘Apes’ Lead Film; ‘Thrones’ Rules All With…
- NAACP Image Awards Complete Winners List: ‘black-ish’, ‘Girls Trip’, Ava DuVernay Among Honorees
- NAACP Image Awards: Jordan Peele,Tiffany Haddish, Idris Elba Among Winners In Non-Televised Categories