With freshly picked Oscars producer Brian Grazer now looking for a host, one of the first calls some people suggest he make is to The Muppets. A Facebook page has been advocating for the Muppets to host the Oscars since February 28th and now appears to be gaining traction with today’s departure of Eddie Murphy. Quite a few Deadline comments echo the sentiment. But The Muppets? Really? Disney owns both the Muppets and ABC, which is the network that broadcasts the Oscars and just happens to have a new movie starring Jim Henson’s creations releasing on November 23rd. Can you smell PR stunt?
The Muppets As Oscar Hosts? …Really?
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Awardsline News
- ‘Mr. Robot’ DP Tod Campbell On His Visual Approach To Sam Esmail’s Dark, Off-Kilter World
- ‘The Night Of’ Emmy Nominee Michael Kenneth Williams On Nephew’s Experience Of “Heavy World”…
- Michael Bolton On His ‘Honest Trailers’ Debut & New Comedic Outlet Alongside Andy Signore: “How Did This All Happen?”…
- Cinematographers’ ASC Awards Focuses On 2018 Date
- 7th Annual Streamy Awards: Casey Neistat, Lilly Singh, ‘Mr. Student Body President’ Among Nominees
- ‘Silicon Valley’ Showrunner Alec Berg On The Great Challenge Of Writing Serialized Comedy