With freshly picked Oscars producer Brian Grazer now looking for a host, one of the first calls some people suggest he make is to The Muppets. A Facebook page has been advocating for the Muppets to host the Oscars since February 28th and now appears to be gaining traction with today’s departure of Eddie Murphy. Quite a few Deadline comments echo the sentiment. But The Muppets? Really? Disney owns both the Muppets and ABC, which is the network that broadcasts the Oscars and just happens to have a new movie starring Jim Henson’s creations releasing on November 23rd. Can you smell PR stunt?
The Muppets As Oscar Hosts? …Really?
What's Hot on Deadline
'It' Becoming Biggest Horror Pic Ever Beating 'The Exorcist'; 'Annabelle: Creation' Scares Up $100M+
September B.O. Booming To Near All-Time $700M Record As 'Kingsman: The Golden Circle' & 'Lego Ninjago' Enter Fall Fray
Latest Awardsline News
- Matt Damon To Receive Stanley Kubrick Britannia Award From BAFTA LA
- Judi Dench Named Recipient Of Santa Barbara Film Festival’s Kirk Douglas Award Of Excellence
- Oscars: France Enters Robin Campillo’s ‘BPM’ In Foreign Language Race
- ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’: How 32-Year-Old Book Became Timely Drama & Toast Of the Emmys
- How Sean Spicer’s Surprise Emmys Cameo Came To Be, And What He’s Doing For An Encore
- Emmys 2017: Executive Red Carpet Arrivals Photo Gallery