With freshly picked Oscars producer Brian Grazer now looking for a host, one of the first calls some people suggest he make is to The Muppets. A Facebook page has been advocating for the Muppets to host the Oscars since February 28th and now appears to be gaining traction with today’s departure of Eddie Murphy. Quite a few Deadline comments echo the sentiment. But The Muppets? Really? Disney owns both the Muppets and ABC, which is the network that broadcasts the Oscars and just happens to have a new movie starring Jim Henson’s creations releasing on November 23rd. Can you smell PR stunt?
The Muppets As Oscar Hosts? …Really?
Oscar Watch 2017Best Picture Predictions by 28 Experts1La La Land9/22Moonlight13/23Manchester by the Sea7/14Fences10/15Lion10/1
What's Hot on Deadline
Robert Redford Sanguine About Donald Trump But "Depressed" About Partisan Politics At Sundance Opening Presser
'A Dog's Purpose' Producer "Horrified" Seeing Video Of Dog Almost Drowning On Set; PETA Calls For Boycott Of Film
'A Dog's Purpose' Director Lasse Hallstrom & Voice Actor Josh Gad Upset Over "Disturbing" Video Of Terrified Dog
At Pre-Inaugural Concert, Donald Trump Promises "We Will Turn It Around"; His Nemesis Wayne Barrett Has Died
Latest Awardsline News
- What’s Your Gut: Are The Oscars Headed For A “Hollywood Ending”?
- Susannah Grant To Receive WGA West’s Paul Selvin Award For ‘Confirmation’ Script
- People’s Choice Awards: Ellen DeGeneres, Justin Timberlake, ‘Big Bang Theory’ & More
- NBC Boss Would Love For Jimmy Fallon To Return As Golden Globes Host
- Oscars: Deadline’s Pete Hammond & Gold Derby’s Tom O’Neil Predict Final Best Picture Nominees In Latest…
- Casey Affleck, Keegan-Michael Key And Nicole Kidman Join Presenters For PGA Awards