The Comedy Awards will return for a second year, with Don Mischer back as producer. While the inaugural awards show last year was billed as an MTV Networks event and aired simultaneously on Comedy Central, Spike TV, TV Land, VH1 and Nick At Nite, this year’s ceremony was announced as a Comedy Central event and will premiere on the channel May 6. It will be taped at New York’s Hammerstein Ballroom on April 28. Nominations for The Comedy Awards will be announced in early 2012. The winners are selected by a Board of Directors. Last year’s board included James Burrows, Billy Crystal, Whoopi Goldberg, Brad Grey, Seth MacFarlane, Adam McKay, Jimmy Miller, Jay Roach, Chris Rock, Ray Romano, Phil Rosenthal and Jon Stewart. The winners are chosen by an invitation-only voting body comprised of 1500 working members from the comedy community including writers, producers, performers and directors.
The Comedy Awards To Return On Comedy Central
What's Hot on Deadline
'Saturday Night Live' Hits Season High Ratings With Tom Hanks, Lady Gaga & More Donald Trump & Hillary Clinton
Latest TV News
- ‘The Talking Dead’: ‘Walking Dead’ Cast Talk Shocking Character Deaths In Rainy Live Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 7 Premiere: Negan’s Victim Revealed In Bloody Opener
- Benedict Cumberbatch To Host ‘Saturday Night Live’ November 5
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 7 Preview: Who Does Negan Kill? Is It [Spoiler]?
- Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration “Should Kill” The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: “Higher Prices & Fewer Choices”…