The Comedy Awards will return for a second year, with Don Mischer back as producer. While the inaugural awards show last year was billed as an MTV Networks event and aired simultaneously on Comedy Central, Spike TV, TV Land, VH1 and Nick At Nite, this year’s ceremony was announced as a Comedy Central event and will premiere on the channel May 6. It will be taped at New York’s Hammerstein Ballroom on April 28. Nominations for The Comedy Awards will be announced in early 2012. The winners are selected by a Board of Directors. Last year’s board included James Burrows, Billy Crystal, Whoopi Goldberg, Brad Grey, Seth MacFarlane, Adam McKay, Jimmy Miller, Jay Roach, Chris Rock, Ray Romano, Phil Rosenthal and Jon Stewart. The winners are chosen by an invitation-only voting body comprised of 1500 working members from the comedy community including writers, producers, performers and directors.
The Comedy Awards To Return On Comedy Central
What's Hot on Deadline
'Latin Lover' Sets $12M Pantelion Record, 'Baahubali 2' Mighty With $10M+, 'Circle' A Square As 'F8' Leads Listless Weekend
'Fate Of The Furious' Drives Past $1B At Worldwide Box Office; Tops 'Furious 7' For New China Record
Latest TV News
- Kelly Ripa Teases Monday Announcement Of New ‘Live’ Co-Host
- ‘Orange Is The New Black’ Hacker Shares Stolen Episodes; Blog Publishes List Of Possible Additional Shows…
- WGA & AMPTP: Rare Sunday Talks “Moving Closer” To Deal
- Morning After: Samantha Bee Shrugs Off Jake Tapper’s “Smug Liberal” Question
- Samantha Bee’s Not the White House Correspondents Dinner Serves Trump Roast
- White House Correspondents’ Dinner Live Blog: Who Needs Donald Trump?