The Comedy Awards will return for a second year, with Don Mischer back as producer. While the inaugural awards show last year was billed as an MTV Networks event and aired simultaneously on Comedy Central, Spike TV, TV Land, VH1 and Nick At Nite, this year’s ceremony was announced as a Comedy Central event and will premiere on the channel May 6. It will be taped at New York’s Hammerstein Ballroom on April 28. Nominations for The Comedy Awards will be announced in early 2012. The winners are selected by a Board of Directors. Last year’s board included James Burrows, Billy Crystal, Whoopi Goldberg, Brad Grey, Seth MacFarlane, Adam McKay, Jimmy Miller, Jay Roach, Chris Rock, Ray Romano, Phil Rosenthal and Jon Stewart. The winners are chosen by an invitation-only voting body comprised of 1500 working members from the comedy community including writers, producers, performers and directors.
The Comedy Awards To Return On Comedy Central
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest TV News
- Jimmy Kimmel Says This Year’s Crazy Oscars Ceremony Was Cursed – Watch
- Conan Reveals “Confusing” Contents Of Best Picture Card Warren Beatty Was Given At Oscars
- PwC Exec Cancels CNN Segment “Apparently On Orders From The Academy,” Anderson Cooper Says
- Bill O’Reilly Addresses ‘Factors’ Nils Bildt Mystery
- Jon Stewart Pops Up To Explore Donald Trump’s Press Hostility With Stephen Colbert
- Stephen Moyer To Topline Fox Marvel Pilot