While there is suspicion that the year-old Spider-Man: Turn Off The Dark will have to run for decades to recoup its $75 million budget despite its glowing press, the same cannot be said of the Tony-winning The Book Of Mormon. The musical by Trey Parker, Robert Lopez and Matt Stone this week recouped its capitalization and will now begin pouring cash into the pockets of investors. This is hardly a surprise: the musical continues to be Broadway’s hot ticket, and it has broken the house record 22 times at the Eugene O’Neill Theatre since opening March 24.
'The Book Of Mormon' Now In The Black
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Newbie Picture Company On The Case For 'Tracking Of A Russian Spy'
- Hamptons Fest Gets 'St. Vincent' Opener; Now They Pray For St. Bill
- Bryan Cranston In 'The Great Wall' Talks
- Bryan Singer Set To Helm 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
- MGM Buys 55% Of Roma Downey And Mark Burnett's Empire; Relaunches United Artists
- Lava Bear Joins Chinese Pic 'The Bodyguard'