EXCLUSIVE: Taryn Manning has been tapped for the lead role in the indie A White Trash Christmas, a take on the Christmas Carol story that centers on the tribulations of of a trashy, whiskey-soaked, unemployed hairdresser and mother (Manning) who is visited by three ghosts who try to show her a path to a brighter future. Ron Carlson is directing from a script he co-wrote with Terri Kauffman. Carlson and Rachel North are producing. Manning, known for such films as Hustle & Flow and 8 Mile, is repped by APA and MPE.
Taryn Manning Set To Star In 'A White Trash Christmas'
What's Hot on Deadline
Trevor Noah Fracas "Much Ado About Nothing," Millennials Get Him, Says Aasif Mandvi, Quoting 451-Year-Old Playwright
Latest Film News
- UTA Brings In Two More CAA Agents — 10 Total Now
- ‘Midnight Rider’ Producer Film Allman Contests Safety Citation In Court – UPDATE
- UTA Signs ‘The Office’ And ‘Hangover’ Star Ed Helms
- WME Signs ‘Ex Machina’ Helmer Alex Garland
- Lionsgate Introduces Distribution Unit To Target Next-Gen Audiences
- Canyon Creek Films Acquires YA Horse Race Novel ‘The Glory’ By Lauren St John