EXCLUSIVE: Taryn Manning has been tapped for the lead role in the indie A White Trash Christmas, a take on the Christmas Carol story that centers on the tribulations of of a trashy, whiskey-soaked, unemployed hairdresser and mother (Manning) who is visited by three ghosts who try to show her a path to a brighter future. Ron Carlson is directing from a script he co-wrote with Terri Kauffman. Carlson and Rachel North are producing. Manning, known for such films as Hustle & Flow and 8 Mile, is repped by APA and MPE.
Taryn Manning Set To Star In 'A White Trash Christmas'
Trending Now on Deadline
'Ouija' Box Office May Scare Up $20M, 'John Wick' No. 2 With A Bullet, Bill Murray Graces 'St. Vincent' - B.O. Weekend
More From Team
- New York Television Festival Announces 2014 Winners
- UPDATE: Warner Bros Moves Up 'Entourage' Release By A Week
- Terry Keenan Dead: Longtime Business Reporter-Anchor At CNN, CNBC & Fox News
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC