EXCLUSIVE: Syfy continues to build a comedy development slate as the cable network is yet to greenlight its first half-hour pilot. Syfy’s latest comedy buy is Ghost Ghirls, a project created by Jeremy Konner, Amanda Lund and Maria Blasucci and executive produced by Jack Black. Directed by Konner, Ghost Ghirls is a comedic take on popular paranormal procedurals like Medium and Ghost Whisperer starring Lund and Blasucci (improv two-women show BEANS!) as two women: Heidi, who has self-proclaimed psychic abilities, and Angelica, who is a tech wiz. Together they attempt to solve paranormal mysteries each week while trying to prove to themselves and their customers that they are competent ghost hunters. Electric Dynamite’s Jack Black and Priyanka Mattoo will executive produce with Ben Cooley, while Konner will serve as producer. Black and Konner previously worked together on Drunk History, the Derek Waters-created series of shorts, which Konner directed. In it, comedians get very, very drunk, then re-tell their favorite stories from history with re-enactment. Black starred in 2 shorts as Ben Franklin. Another short, Drunk History: Douglass & Lincoln starring Will Ferrell and Don Cheadle, won the Jury Prize in Short Filmmaking at the 2010 Sundance Film Festival. Drunk History shorts also aired as part of the HBO series Funny Or Die Presents, exec produced by Ferrell. WME reps all parties involved. Konner, Lund, Blasucci are managed by 3 Arts.
SyFy Developing Paranormal Procedural Comedy Spoof Produced By Jack Black
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- NBC Buys Legal Drama From Matt Lopez & John Glenn
- Julianna Margulies Inks Production Deal With CBS Studios
- 'Hand Of God' To Go To Series, Two Others Likely As Amazon Studios Starts Making Series Pickup Decisions
- ABC Nabs 1970s Female Cop Drama From Fake Empire & Kapital Entertainment As Put Pilot
- 'Rush Hour' To Be Remade As Action Series From Bill Lawrence & Brett Ratner
- Yvonne Strahovski To Co-Star In ABC's 'Astronaut Wives Club'