EXCLUSIVE: Syfy continues to build a comedy development slate as the cable network is yet to greenlight its first half-hour pilot. Syfy’s latest comedy buy is Ghost Ghirls, a project created by Jeremy Konner, Amanda Lund and Maria Blasucci and executive produced by Jack Black. Directed by Konner, Ghost Ghirls is a comedic take on popular paranormal procedurals like Medium and Ghost Whisperer starring Lund and Blasucci (improv two-women show BEANS!) as two women: Heidi, who has self-proclaimed psychic abilities, and Angelica, who is a tech wiz. Together they attempt to solve paranormal mysteries each week while trying to prove to themselves and their customers that they are competent ghost hunters. Electric Dynamite’s Jack Black and Priyanka Mattoo will executive produce with Ben Cooley, while Konner will serve as producer. Black and Konner previously worked together on Drunk History, the Derek Waters-created series of shorts, which Konner directed. In it, comedians get very, very drunk, then re-tell their favorite stories from history with re-enactment. Black starred in 2 shorts as Ben Franklin. Another short, Drunk History: Douglass & Lincoln starring Will Ferrell and Don Cheadle, won the Jury Prize in Short Filmmaking at the 2010 Sundance Film Festival. Drunk History shorts also aired as part of the HBO series Funny Or Die Presents, exec produced by Ferrell. WME reps all parties involved. Konner, Lund, Blasucci are managed by 3 Arts.
SyFy Developing Paranormal Procedural Comedy Spoof Produced By Jack Black
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Breaks More Records: $108M Second Weekend Is Second-Best Ever As Marvel Movie Heads For $400M
CNN's Brian Stelter Blasts Pirro-President Chat As "Fantasyland", Glenn Beck Calls Tapper's Town Hall "Grotesque"
Berlin Film Festival Winners: 'Touch Me Not' Is Golden Bear; Wes Anderson Takes Best Director For 'Isle Of Dogs' - Full List
'Black Panther' Runs Past $300M Offshore, $700M WW; 'Red Sea' Rises In China - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- CNN’s Brian Stelter Blasts Pirro-President Chat As “Fantasyland”, Glenn Beck Calls Tapper’s Town Hall “Grotesque”…
- Regan Arts Sells Story Of California’s Leading Abortionist For TV Development
- Olympics Ratings Slide To Icy 2018 Low, Slightly Up From Sochi 2014 On Last Night
- Top BBC Presenter Claims Class Pay Gap As Wide As Gender Pay Gap
- ‘The Simpsons’ Predicted USA’s Olympic Gold Medal Win In Curling Eight Years Ago
- Omarosa Talks About Writing A Tell-All on ‘Celebrity Big Brother’, Says She Has To “Tell Her Truth”