EXCLUSIVE: Steve Carell is attached to star in and produce Conviction, a heist film that was bought as a spec script two years ago by Warner Bros and Silver Pictures. The script by Jonathan Herman, which made the Black List, follows a mastermind bank robber who serves five years in prison following a botched heist who is forced by an FBI agent to entrap his protege as the upstart pulls off a multimillion-dollar job. The original script had a Heat tone, but it stalled. It is being turned into an action comedy with a tone similar to 48 Hours and Ocean’s Eleven, with Carell at its center. Joel Silver, who has had success with this kind of thing with 48 Hours and Lethal Weapon, will produce the film with Carell and Silver Pictures head Andrew Rona. Silver Pictures’ Alex Heineman will be executive producer with Vance DeGeneres and Charlie Hartsock, who run Carell’s Warner Bros-based Carousel banner. They will set a writer to redraft the project. Carell’s repped by WME and Media Four.
Steve Carell To Mastermind Silver Pictures Heist Script 'Conviction'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Bourne' Back At #1 & 'Ice Age' Skates To $300M+, Both With China Assist; 'Pets' Passes $700M WW - Intl Box Office
'Don't Breathe' Screams $26M+, Gives Sony 3rd Summer Cash Cow After 'Sausage Party', 'Shallows': Sunday Update
Latest Film News
- MoMA Slates Fall Bardfest With 21 Shakespeare-Related Films
- ‘In Dubious Battle’ Trailer: James Franco Takes On John Steinbeck – Venice
- VidAngel Adds Big-Name Lawyers To Fight Studios As Filtered Film Legal Battle Looms
- Joe And Anthony Russo In Talks To Form Major Entity With China-Based Huayi Brothers
- Ben Affleck Drops Footage Of DC Villain Deathstroke On Twitter
- ‘Lion’ To Open Zurich Fest; Canal Plus Vet Alduy Joins Fox TV Distribution – Global Briefs