EXCLUSIVE: Steve Carell is attached to star in and produce Conviction, a heist film that was bought as a spec script two years ago by Warner Bros and Silver Pictures. The script by Jonathan Herman, which made the Black List, follows a mastermind bank robber who serves five years in prison following a botched heist who is forced by an FBI agent to entrap his protege as the upstart pulls off a multimillion-dollar job. The original script had a Heat tone, but it stalled. It is being turned into an action comedy with a tone similar to 48 Hours and Ocean’s Eleven, with Carell at its center. Joel Silver, who has had success with this kind of thing with 48 Hours and Lethal Weapon, will produce the film with Carell and Silver Pictures head Andrew Rona. Silver Pictures’ Alex Heineman will be executive producer with Vance DeGeneres and Charlie Hartsock, who run Carell’s Warner Bros-based Carousel banner. They will set a writer to redraft the project. Carell’s repped by WME and Media Four.
Steve Carell To Mastermind Silver Pictures Heist Script 'Conviction'
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Working Title Sets ‘Justified’ EP Dave Andron To Adapt Sci-Fi Novel ‘Stone Rider’
- Vet PR Guys Craig Bankey & Kevin McLaughlin Form Main Stage Firm
- Garrett Hedlund Seals Lead In Ang Lee’s ‘Billy Lynn’
- Johnny Galecki Brings In Andrew Haas To Join His Production Shingle Alcide Bava
- TriStar Wins English-Language Debut By ‘Wild Tales’ Helmer Damian Szifron
- Alec Baldwin Plots TV Return As NYC Mayor In HBO Series