EXCLUSIVE: Steve Carell is attached to star in and produce Conviction, a heist film that was bought as a spec script two years ago by Warner Bros and Silver Pictures. The script by Jonathan Herman, which made the Black List, follows a mastermind bank robber who serves five years in prison following a botched heist who is forced by an FBI agent to entrap his protege as the upstart pulls off a multimillion-dollar job. The original script had a Heat tone, but it stalled. It is being turned into an action comedy with a tone similar to 48 Hours and Ocean’s Eleven, with Carell at its center. Joel Silver, who has had success with this kind of thing with 48 Hours and Lethal Weapon, will produce the film with Carell and Silver Pictures head Andrew Rona. Silver Pictures’ Alex Heineman will be executive producer with Vance DeGeneres and Charlie Hartsock, who run Carell’s Warner Bros-based Carousel banner. They will set a writer to redraft the project. Carell’s repped by WME and Media Four.
Steve Carell To Mastermind Silver Pictures Heist Script 'Conviction'
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill Cosby Found Guilty In Sexual Assault Retrial, Lashes Out In Court After Verdict; Defense Plans Appeal - Update
'Suits' Finale: Series Creator On Patrick J. Adams & Meghan Markle's Exits, New Twist, Season 8 & Spinoff Details
Latest Film News
- In Potent ‘Schindler’s List’ Panel, Steven Spielberg, Liam Neeson And Ben Kingsley Get Emotional 25…
- STX Entertainment Files For Hong Kong Stock Exchange Listing
- ‘Diane’, ‘Island Of The Hungry Ghosts’, Alia Shawkat & Jeffrey Wright Among Tribeca Winners
- Aussie Movie Theater Plays ‘Hereditary’ Horror Movie Trailer Before ‘Peter Rabbit’
- Lionsgate Closes Out CinemaCon With ‘Robin Hood’, ‘A Simple Favor’, ‘Blindspotting…
- Tribeca Bow 'Disobedience' Hits Theaters; Claire Denis & Juliette Binoche 'Let The Sunshine In' – Specialty…