EXCLUSIVE: Steve Carell is attached to star in and produce Conviction, a heist film that was bought as a spec script two years ago by Warner Bros and Silver Pictures. The script by Jonathan Herman, which made the Black List, follows a mastermind bank robber who serves five years in prison following a botched heist who is forced by an FBI agent to entrap his protege as the upstart pulls off a multimillion-dollar job. The original script had a Heat tone, but it stalled. It is being turned into an action comedy with a tone similar to 48 Hours and Ocean’s Eleven, with Carell at its center. Joel Silver, who has had success with this kind of thing with 48 Hours and Lethal Weapon, will produce the film with Carell and Silver Pictures head Andrew Rona. Silver Pictures’ Alex Heineman will be executive producer with Vance DeGeneres and Charlie Hartsock, who run Carell’s Warner Bros-based Carousel banner. They will set a writer to redraft the project. Carell’s repped by WME and Media Four.
Steve Carell To Mastermind Silver Pictures Heist Script 'Conviction'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee' Moves To Netflix As Part Of Big Jerry Seinfeld Deal That Includes Specials & Series
Popular Japanese Title 'Attack On Titan' Eyed By Warner Bros. For 'Fantastic Beasts' Producer David Heyman
'Hidden Figures' Calculates $27.5M Weekend, 'Rogue' Passes $500M, Other Movies Bomb Over MLK - Box Office Final
Latest Film News
- New ‘Wilson’ Trailer Gives Glimpse Of Woody Harrelson’s Fatherly Faux Pas
- Ira Deutchman Gets First Spotlight Cinema Laurels For Lifetime Of Indie Service
- ‘Hidden Figures’ Calculates $27.5M Weekend, ‘Rogue’ Passes $500M, Other Movies Bomb Over MLK – Box…
- Popular Japanese Title ‘Attack On Titan’ Eyed By Warner Bros. For ‘Fantastic Beasts’ Producer…
- Harris Dickinson To Star In Fox’s YA Adaptation Of ‘Darkest Minds’
- ‘Dayveon’ Clip: First Look At Sundance NEXT Opener From First-Time Director Amman Abbasi