EXCLUSIVE: Steve Carell is attached to star in and produce Conviction, a heist film that was bought as a spec script two years ago by Warner Bros and Silver Pictures. The script by Jonathan Herman, which made the Black List, follows a mastermind bank robber who serves five years in prison following a botched heist who is forced by an FBI agent to entrap his protege as the upstart pulls off a multimillion-dollar job. The original script had a Heat tone, but it stalled. It is being turned into an action comedy with a tone similar to 48 Hours and Ocean’s Eleven, with Carell at its center. Joel Silver, who has had success with this kind of thing with 48 Hours and Lethal Weapon, will produce the film with Carell and Silver Pictures head Andrew Rona. Silver Pictures’ Alex Heineman will be executive producer with Vance DeGeneres and Charlie Hartsock, who run Carell’s Warner Bros-based Carousel banner. They will set a writer to redraft the project. Carell’s repped by WME and Media Four.
Steve Carell To Mastermind Silver Pictures Heist Script 'Conviction'
What's Hot on Deadline
Hillary Clinton Vs. Donald Trump III: “Bad Hombres,” “Nasty Woman” "Rigged" Emmys & Celebrity Reactions
Latest Film News
- Gore Verbinski’s Creepy, Visually Stunning Trailer For ‘A Cure For Wellness’ Bows
- ‘La La Land’ Added As AFI Fest Centerpiece Gala
- Dana Brunetti On ‘Fifty Shades Darker’ Battle With PGA: “It’s About The Principle”…
- Western Pic ‘Brimstone’ With Dakota Fanning, Guy Pearce & Kit Harington Gains Momentum
- Another Anti-Trump Documentary On Way: ‘You’ve Been Trumped Too’
- Tom Hardy Tackling Antarctic Explorer Ernest Shackleton In Studiocanal Epic