EXCLUSIVE: Steve Carell is attached to star in and produce Conviction, a heist film that was bought as a spec script two years ago by Warner Bros and Silver Pictures. The script by Jonathan Herman, which made the Black List, follows a mastermind bank robber who serves five years in prison following a botched heist who is forced by an FBI agent to entrap his protege as the upstart pulls off a multimillion-dollar job. The original script had a Heat tone, but it stalled. It is being turned into an action comedy with a tone similar to 48 Hours and Ocean’s Eleven, with Carell at its center. Joel Silver, who has had success with this kind of thing with 48 Hours and Lethal Weapon, will produce the film with Carell and Silver Pictures head Andrew Rona. Silver Pictures’ Alex Heineman will be executive producer with Vance DeGeneres and Charlie Hartsock, who run Carell’s Warner Bros-based Carousel banner. They will set a writer to redraft the project. Carell’s repped by WME and Media Four.
Steve Carell To Mastermind Silver Pictures Heist Script 'Conviction'
What's Hot on Deadline
We Called It: 'Me And Earl And The Dying Girl' Sells To Fox Searchlight & Indian Paintbrush For Record $12M - Sundance Update
Sarah Jones' Parents Unveil New "Safety For Sarah" PSA, Tell Sundance "Never Again, Never Forget" - Video
Monica Potter Comedy Produced By Ellen DeGeneres, Workplace Comedy From Jimmy Fallon Get NBC Pilot Orders
More From Fleming Jr
- UPDATE: Lionsgate Closes Eli Roth-Keanu Reeves Thriller ‘Knock Knock’ At $2.5 Million
- Not So Fast On ‘Dying Girl’ Record: FSL Indian Paintbrush Deal Promises Upside, But Not Fest Record
- ‘Strongest Man’ Helmer Kenny Riches Signs With UTA; Sundance
- We Called It: ‘Me And Earl And The Dying Girl’ Sells To Fox Searchlight & Indian Paintbrush For Record $12M…
- ‘Selma’s Ava DuVernay & David Oyelowo Reunite For Hurricane Katrina Pic