EXCLUSIVE: Steve Carell is attached to star in and produce Conviction, a heist film that was bought as a spec script two years ago by Warner Bros and Silver Pictures. The script by Jonathan Herman, which made the Black List, follows a mastermind bank robber who serves five years in prison following a botched heist who is forced by an FBI agent to entrap his protege as the upstart pulls off a multimillion-dollar job. The original script had a Heat tone, but it stalled. It is being turned into an action comedy with a tone similar to 48 Hours and Ocean’s Eleven, with Carell at its center. Joel Silver, who has had success with this kind of thing with 48 Hours and Lethal Weapon, will produce the film with Carell and Silver Pictures head Andrew Rona. Silver Pictures’ Alex Heineman will be executive producer with Vance DeGeneres and Charlie Hartsock, who run Carell’s Warner Bros-based Carousel banner. They will set a writer to redraft the project. Carell’s repped by WME and Media Four.
Steve Carell To Mastermind Silver Pictures Heist Script 'Conviction'
What's Hot on Deadline
Divorce Comedy With Royal Family Twist From Meghan Markle's Ex-Husband Trevor Engelson Set At Fox With Big Commitment
Rob Reiner Confuses Tucker Carlson Over Russia Investigation; Fox Host Slams Hollywood's Embrace Of China
Latest Film News
- Murders of Two Location Scouts Mourned By Location Managers Guild
- Liam McIntyre, ‘GLOW’s Sydelle Noel To Star In ‘The Clearing’; John D. Hickman Joins ‘The Escape of Prisoner 614…
- ‘It’ & ‘Stranger Things’ Star Finn Wolfhard Cast In ‘Dog Days’
- ‘Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them’ Sequel Adds David Sakurai
- YouTube Red Closes $3.5M Deal For Morgan Spurlock’s Toronto Docu ‘Super Size Me 2’
- Tyler Labine, ‘Insecure’s Jay Ellis & Nik Dodani Join Sony’s ‘The Maze’