EXCLUSIVE: Steve Carell is attached to star in and produce Conviction, a heist film that was bought as a spec script two years ago by Warner Bros and Silver Pictures. The script by Jonathan Herman, which made the Black List, follows a mastermind bank robber who serves five years in prison following a botched heist who is forced by an FBI agent to entrap his protege as the upstart pulls off a multimillion-dollar job. The original script had a Heat tone, but it stalled. It is being turned into an action comedy with a tone similar to 48 Hours and Ocean’s Eleven, with Carell at its center. Joel Silver, who has had success with this kind of thing with 48 Hours and Lethal Weapon, will produce the film with Carell and Silver Pictures head Andrew Rona. Silver Pictures’ Alex Heineman will be executive producer with Vance DeGeneres and Charlie Hartsock, who run Carell’s Warner Bros-based Carousel banner. They will set a writer to redraft the project. Carell’s repped by WME and Media Four.
Steve Carell To Mastermind Silver Pictures Heist Script 'Conviction'
What's Hot on Deadline
Margot Robbie To Produce Female-Focused Shakespearean Drama Series With 'Secrets & Lies' Producer & ABC Studios Int'l
Latest Film News
- Cannes Nixes Press Screenings Ahead Of Evening World Premieres & Officially Bans Selfies
- Cate Blanchett Speaks Out On Woody Allen Allegations: “I Don’t Think I’ve Stayed Silent At All”
- Former BBC & FA Boss Greg Dyke To Replace Mike Leigh As Chairman Of London Film School
- ‘Sherlock Gnomes’ Review: It’s No Mystery Why This Lazy Animated Sequel Is Just For Kids
- DOJ’s Lead Witness Against AT&T Knocks Time Warner Deal But Gets Grilled: “You Should Have Done Some Homework”…
- Actor Anton Yelchin’s Family Settles Wrongful Death Suit Against Fiat Chrysler