EXCLUSIVE: Steve Carell is attached to star in and produce Conviction, a heist film that was bought as a spec script two years ago by Warner Bros and Silver Pictures. The script by Jonathan Herman, which made the Black List, follows a mastermind bank robber who serves five years in prison following a botched heist who is forced by an FBI agent to entrap his protege as the upstart pulls off a multimillion-dollar job. The original script had a Heat tone, but it stalled. It is being turned into an action comedy with a tone similar to 48 Hours and Ocean’s Eleven, with Carell at its center. Joel Silver, who has had success with this kind of thing with 48 Hours and Lethal Weapon, will produce the film with Carell and Silver Pictures head Andrew Rona. Silver Pictures’ Alex Heineman will be executive producer with Vance DeGeneres and Charlie Hartsock, who run Carell’s Warner Bros-based Carousel banner. They will set a writer to redraft the project. Carell’s repped by WME and Media Four.
Steve Carell To Mastermind Silver Pictures Heist Script 'Conviction'
What's Hot on Deadline
NBC Orders 'The Handmade Project' Crafts Competition Reality Series Hosted By Amy Poehler & Nick Offerman
Latest Film News
- Ashton Holmes Joins Bruce Willis In ‘Acts of Violence’
- ‘The Tracking Of A Russian Spy’: Logan Lerman & Olivia Cooke Near Deals To Star
- Oscar Academy Keeping PwC Despite Envelope Snafu
- Universal CinemaCon Session: ‘Despicable Me 3’, ‘Atomic Blonde’, ‘Girl Trip’, ‘Fate Of The Furious…
- Oscar Isaac In Final Negotiations To Star And Produce MGM’s ‘Operation Finale’ For Director Chris Weitz
- Universal Sneaks ‘Fate Of The Furious’ At CinemaCon; Vin Diesel Praises Exhibition & Gets Emotional About Late…