Starz said today that it will air the season premiere of its original series Spartacus: Vengeance on Friday, January 27 at 10 PM. The series continues the storyline begun on Spartacus: Blood And Sand, which debuted in January 2010. That series was a hit but was put on hiatus when star Andy Whitfield was diagnosed with cancer and couldn’t continue. During the hiatus, Starz shot and aired the prequel Spartacus: Gods Of The Arena. All three installments were from the same creative team: Rob Tapert, Steven S. DeKnight, Sam Raimi and Joshua Donen. Whitfiield died on September 11, with Liam McIntyre taking over the role of Spartacus.
Starz Sets January 27 As Premiere Date For 'Spartacus: Vengeance'
What's Hot on Deadline
Divorce Comedy With Royal Family Twist From Meghan Markle's Ex-Husband Trevor Engelson Set At Fox With Big Commitment
Rob Reiner Confuses Tucker Carlson Over Russia Investigation; Fox Host Slams Hollywood's Embrace Of China
Latest TV News
- ‘Happy!’: Debi Mazar & Michael Maize Set To Recur In Syfy Series
- CW’s DC Superhero Crossover Gets Title & Key Art
- Jimmy Kimmel Thanks Sen. John McCain For “No” Vote On GOP Health Bill
- Gordon Ramsay ‘24 Hours To Hell & Back’ Restaurant Series Gets Fox Order
- ‘Orville’ Ratings Fall To Earth Without NFL Lead-In, ‘Zoo’ Finale Down From 2016
- Dan Lin’s Lin Pictures Taps Former TriStar TV Exec Lindsey Liberatore As Head Of TV