Starz said today that it will air the season premiere of its original series Spartacus: Vengeance on Friday, January 27 at 10 PM. The series continues the storyline begun on Spartacus: Blood And Sand, which debuted in January 2010. That series was a hit but was put on hiatus when star Andy Whitfield was diagnosed with cancer and couldn’t continue. During the hiatus, Starz shot and aired the prequel Spartacus: Gods Of The Arena. All three installments were from the same creative team: Rob Tapert, Steven S. DeKnight, Sam Raimi and Joshua Donen. Whitfiield died on September 11, with Liam McIntyre taking over the role of Spartacus.
Starz Sets January 27 As Premiere Date For 'Spartacus: Vengeance'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Being Evel' Producer Johnny Knoxville At Sundance: Daredevil Tales And The Price Of Pushing The Envelope
More From Team
- Oscars: Margot Robbie & Miles Teller To Host Sci-Tech Awards
- Biz Strategist Victor Antonio Helps Families In Financial Crisis In New Spike TV Series
- ‘RuPaul’s Drag Race’ Adds 2 New Judges, Sets March Return Date
- Pierce Brosnan Super Bowl Ad Pokes Fun At Dashing Danger-Guy Image – Video
- ‘Steve Jobs’ Cast Finalized, Finally, As Shooting Begins
- Conde Nast Picks Up Three Sundance Shorts