EXCLUSIVE: Chris Pine has left his longtime agents at SDB Partners, who represented him for almost a decade. Pine is yet to land elsewhere, with CAA or WME considered likely destinations. SDB signed Pine when he was a complete unknown. During his nine-year stint with the agency, he got his break with Princess Diaries 2 and rose to fame as the lead in J.J. Abrams’ Star Trek. The sequel begins filming in mid-January, and Pine has started re-negotiations to return as Captain Kirk. Pine also starred opposite Denzel Washington in Unstoppable and will next be seen in Welcome To People opposite Olivia Wilde and in This Means War opposite Reese Witherspoon. Additionally, he is attached to play Jack Ryan in Paramount’s planned film reboot. On stage, Pine starred in Farragut North at the Geffen and The Lieutenant Of Inishmore at Taper. While Pine was at SDB, the agency sent him to manager John Carrabino, who now continues to represent him.
'Star Trek' Star Chris Pine Leaves Longtime Agency SDB Partners After 9 Years
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Bruce Lee-Inspired Crime Drama ‘Warrior’ From Justin Lin & 'Banshee' Co-Creator Gets Cinemax Pilot Order
Latest Film News
- Damien Chazelle’s ‘La La Land’, An Ode To Musicals, Romance & L.A., Ready To Launch Venice And…
- Karen Gillan Game For Big Role In ‘Jumanji’
- Warren Beatty’s ‘Rules Don’t Apply’ To World Premiere As AFI Fest Opening Night
- Former Paramount & Disney Exec Named CEO Of China-Based Alpha Animation
- Austin Film Festival Lines Up Writers Conference, Packs In A-List Talent From Film and TV
- Jack Reynor, James Franco, Zoe Kravitz, Dennis Quaid Topline Sci-Fi ‘Kin’