EXCLUSIVE: Chris Pine has left his longtime agents at SDB Partners, who represented him for almost a decade. Pine is yet to land elsewhere, with CAA or WME considered likely destinations. SDB signed Pine when he was a complete unknown. During his nine-year stint with the agency, he got his break with Princess Diaries 2 and rose to fame as the lead in J.J. Abrams’ Star Trek. The sequel begins filming in mid-January, and Pine has started re-negotiations to return as Captain Kirk. Pine also starred opposite Denzel Washington in Unstoppable and will next be seen in Welcome To People opposite Olivia Wilde and in This Means War opposite Reese Witherspoon. Additionally, he is attached to play Jack Ryan in Paramount’s planned film reboot. On stage, Pine starred in Farragut North at the Geffen and The Lieutenant Of Inishmore at Taper. While Pine was at SDB, the agency sent him to manager John Carrabino, who now continues to represent him.
'Star Trek' Star Chris Pine Leaves Longtime Agency SDB Partners After 9 Years
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Stephnie Weir Bank Comedy
- Fox Developing Drama About Airline Crew Moonlighting As Robbers
- Betsy Thomas Set As New 'Bad Judge' Showrunner
- Sam Richardson Upped To Regular On 'Veep'
- Nathan Parsons To Topline Amazon Pilot 'Point Of Honor', Luke Benward To Co-Star
- Rob Golenberg and Alon Aranya's Scripted World Inks First-Look Deal With Fox 21