EXCLUSIVE: Chris Pine has left his longtime agents at SDB Partners, who represented him for almost a decade. Pine is yet to land elsewhere, with CAA or WME considered likely destinations. SDB signed Pine when he was a complete unknown. During his nine-year stint with the agency, he got his break with Princess Diaries 2 and rose to fame as the lead in J.J. Abrams’ Star Trek. The sequel begins filming in mid-January, and Pine has started re-negotiations to return as Captain Kirk. Pine also starred opposite Denzel Washington in Unstoppable and will next be seen in Welcome To People opposite Olivia Wilde and in This Means War opposite Reese Witherspoon. Additionally, he is attached to play Jack Ryan in Paramount’s planned film reboot. On stage, Pine starred in Farragut North at the Geffen and The Lieutenant Of Inishmore at Taper. While Pine was at SDB, the agency sent him to manager John Carrabino, who now continues to represent him.
'Star Trek' Star Chris Pine Leaves Longtime Agency SDB Partners After 9 Years
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Before The Flood’ Trailer: Leonardo DiCaprio’s Documentary On Climate Change
- ‘Milton’s Secret’ Sneak Peek: First Film Based On An Eckhart Tolle Book Challenges The Young Mind
- Anaïs Nin Short Stories Optioned To Hook Up With Film & TV
- David Rubin Set To Produce 2016 Governors Awards
- Viola Davis Joins Steve McQueen’s ‘Widows’
- Bart & Fleming: How Will Wanda & Other Chinese Backers Change Movie Content?