Sony Pictures Television has come aboard as a distribution partner on House Of Cards, the Kevin Spacey-starring political drama series that Netflix landed in a high-profile deal back in March. Beau Willimon (The Ides Of March) wrote the pilot, which is being directed by David Fincher, who also is an executive producer; Willimon will be the showrunner on the series. Robin Wright co-stars. Sony TV will handle worldwide distribution on the Media Right Capital project, including in the U.S., Canada, Latin America and Spain after Netflix transmits the series in those areas.
Sony TV Joins 'House Of Cards' Team
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- MSNBC’s Nicolle Wallace Reads Donald Trump’s Tweets — Until She Just Can’t Take It Anymore
- Deadpool’s Thank You Vs. ‘Golden Girls’ Opening Theme: Who Swore It Better?
- The Week In Deadline Videos & Podcasts: Ron Howard, Will Yun Lee & Natalie Dormer
- Hollywood Tweets On Bailed Weinstein: “We Were All Silent For So Long”
- LeBron James Tops Ratings For ESPN; Cavs Keep NBA Playoffs Dream Alive
- 'The Expanse' Picked Up By Amazon For Season 4 After Syfy Cancellation