Sony Pictures Television has come aboard as a distribution partner on House Of Cards, the Kevin Spacey-starring political drama series that Netflix landed in a high-profile deal back in March. Beau Willimon (The Ides Of March) wrote the pilot, which is being directed by David Fincher, who also is an executive producer; Willimon will be the showrunner on the series. Robin Wright co-stars. Sony TV will handle worldwide distribution on the Media Right Capital project, including in the U.S., Canada, Latin America and Spain after Netflix transmits the series in those areas.
Sony TV Joins 'House Of Cards' Team
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'If I Stay' Sinks, 'Sin City 2' Bombs, 'Game' Scrambles As 'Guardians' Steps Up To No. 1
More From Team
- Holliday Grainger Toplines 'Lady Chatterley's Lover' For BBC One; Levi Meadon Joins Syfy's 'Olympus'
- SAG-AFTRA Members Ratify TV/Theatrical Contract
- Hot TV Clip: 'The Unauthorized Saved By The Bell Story'
- Repped By SAG-AFTRA, KPCC Gets First Union Contract
- Alicia Witt Signs With Innovative Artists & The Schiff Company