Fans of FX’s Sons of Anarchy who are also subscribers to DirecTV made crystal clear in Deadline comments their feelings about the satcaster threatening to drop FX and other Fox programming November 1 if the two sides failed to reach an agreement on increased carriage fees. Of course they came together in the nick of time on Halloween. Not only is the show important to FX fans, it’s good for L.A. Set in the ficticious Bay Area burg of Charming, SOA is shot all over Los Angeles County — “from Simi Valley to the arts district in downtown Los Angeles” — the LATimes noted in an update on location shooting around the city. Employing 150 crew members, the show’s $2 million-$2.5 million per episode budget adds up to a healthy sum. With location shoots for TV dramas down 20% in the third quarter compared to last year — and production shifting to New York, North Carolina and elsewhere — Sons of Anarchy remains a healthy staple of L.A.’s production economy thanks to FX’s recent renewal for a fifth season of 13 episodes.
'Sons Of Anarchy' Mayhem Welcome In LA
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pacific Rim: Uprising' Doesn't Create Waves At $26M+; 'Black Panther' Sets Marvel Record & Beats 'Avengers'
Latest TV News
- John Cena, Millie Bobby Brown Salute ‘March For Our Lives’ At Kids’ Choice Awards
- FX Pulls the Plug On Marvel's Deadpool Animated TV Series From Donald Glover
- ‘Fear The Walking Dead’ Showrunners & Cast On Season 4: “A Journey From Isolation To Community”…
- ‘Chicago Fire’ Family Mourns Death Of DuShon Monique Brown – Reactions
- ‘Lost In Space’: Netflix Debuts Remake At Wondercon With Leading Women And Intergalactic Family Dysfunction
- UCLA Entertainment Symposium Tackles Paramount Issues With COO