Fans of FX’s Sons of Anarchy who are also subscribers to DirecTV made crystal clear in Deadline comments their feelings about the satcaster threatening to drop FX and other Fox programming November 1 if the two sides failed to reach an agreement on increased carriage fees. Of course they came together in the nick of time on Halloween. Not only is the show important to FX fans, it’s good for L.A. Set in the ficticious Bay Area burg of Charming, SOA is shot all over Los Angeles County — “from Simi Valley to the arts district in downtown Los Angeles” — the LATimes noted in an update on location shooting around the city. Employing 150 crew members, the show’s $2 million-$2.5 million per episode budget adds up to a healthy sum. With location shoots for TV dramas down 20% in the third quarter compared to last year — and production shifting to New York, North Carolina and elsewhere — Sons of Anarchy remains a healthy staple of L.A.’s production economy thanks to FX’s recent renewal for a fifth season of 13 episodes.
'Sons Of Anarchy' Mayhem Welcome In LA
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- David Yates In Talks For 'Harry Potter' Spin-Off 'Fantastic Beasts'
- Damon Lindelof Accepts Deadline's ALS Ice Bucket Challenge: Video
- EOne Acquires Liz Tuccillo's SXSW Rom-Com 'Take Care'
- TNT Nabs Rights To Lionsgate's 'Hunger Games' & 'Divergent' Franchises
- AFI Directing Workshop For Women Announces Episodic Program
- Hot Trailer: 'Innocence'