Slumdog Millionaire star Anil Kapoor knows first-hand how Fox/20th TV’s real-time drama 24 was produced, having co-starred on the series’ final season. Now he will apply his knowledge to an Indian incarnation of the Emmy-winning drama, in which he will play an Indian version of Kiefer Sutherland’s signature character Jack Bauer. Kapoor has closed a rights deal with 20th Century Fox TV Distribution and will produce the new 24 through his Anil Kapoor Films Co. Pre-production is set to begin mid-2012 in India. “It will be a great honor for me to play Jack Bauer,” Kapoor said. “Kiefer has created an iconic character which has inspired me to bring the franchise to India. This will be my first foray to Indian television and I look forward to duplicating the standard of excellence Fox has so successfully created.” Kapoor, one of the best-known Indian feature actors, made his American TV debut on 24 where he played the Middle Eastern leader Omar Hassan, who comes to the U.S. on a peacekeeping mission. He will next be seen in Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol.
'Slumdog Millionaire' Star Anil Kapoor To Produce & Star In Indian Version Of ‘24’
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest TV News
- Steve Harvey To Warren Beatty: “Call Me”
- Amazon Picks Up Sky Drama Series ‘Fortitude’ For Season 2
- Oscars Ratings: Best Picture Gaffe-Stained Show Down To Nine-Year Low
- Comcast Agrees To Add YouTube App To Xfinity Platform
- Viola Davis & Mahershala Ali’s Oscar Wins Prove Successful Film & TV Careers Can Co-Exist
- Oscars: Donald Trump Dominates Until Best Picture Snafu Steals Spotlight