Slumdog Millionaire star Anil Kapoor knows first-hand how Fox/20th TV’s real-time drama 24 was produced, having co-starred on the series’ final season. Now he will apply his knowledge to an Indian incarnation of the Emmy-winning drama, in which he will play an Indian version of Kiefer Sutherland’s signature character Jack Bauer. Kapoor has closed a rights deal with 20th Century Fox TV Distribution and will produce the new 24 through his Anil Kapoor Films Co. Pre-production is set to begin mid-2012 in India. “It will be a great honor for me to play Jack Bauer,” Kapoor said. “Kiefer has created an iconic character which has inspired me to bring the franchise to India. This will be my first foray to Indian television and I look forward to duplicating the standard of excellence Fox has so successfully created.” Kapoor, one of the best-known Indian feature actors, made his American TV debut on 24 where he played the Middle Eastern leader Omar Hassan, who comes to the U.S. on a peacekeeping mission. He will next be seen in Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol.
'Slumdog Millionaire' Star Anil Kapoor To Produce & Star In Indian Version Of ‘24’
What's Hot on Deadline
Shania Twain Clarifies Comments On Supporting Trump, Says She's "Passionately Against Discrimination"
Stormy Daniels' Lawyer Says Relationship Between Cohen And Hannity "Far More Extensive" Than People Believe
Will Big Chain Exhibitors Bypass MoviePass & Create Their Own Monthly Movie Ticket Clubs? - CinemaCon
'Smallville' Actress Allison Mack Arrested In Sex Trafficking Scheme, Faces 15 Years To Life If Convicted
Latest TV News
- NBA Star Stephen Curry Inks Film & TV Deal With Sony
- White House Mum On Possible Michael Cohen Pardon, EPA Chief Scott Pruitt Fate
- Bill Cosby Retrial: Closing Arguments Set For Tuesday As Defense Rests
- ‘Lethal Weapon’s Fox Renewal On The Line Over Co-Lead Clayne Crawford’s Behavior
- Zosia Mamet & Evan Jonigkeit Reimagine Myriad Tales Of Old With ‘Fabled’ — Tribeca Studio
- YouTube Orders ‘Wayne’ Action Comedy Series Produced By ‘Deadpool’ Writers