EXCLUSIVE: David Ellison’s Skydance Productions has made a preemptive acquisition of Bad In Bed. The comedy pitch will be written by Pamela Falk and Michael Ellis, the scribes behind The Wedding Planner. They describe it as a racy high concept comedy but they are keeping the specifics under wraps. The title makes it seem self evident. Anonymous Content’s Steve Golin and Joy Gorman developed it with the writers and will produce. Skydance principal Ellison and his production president Dana Goldberg made the deal with WME and Anonymous Content. The scribes are separately developing an untitled project with Offspring Entertainment’s Adam Shankman and Jennifer Gibgot, along with Anne Fletcher for Warner Bros. Skydance is co-financing and producing a slew of Paramount tent poles, including the upcoming Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol, G.I. Joe 2: Retaliation, the Barbra Streisand-Seth Rogen comedy My Mother’s Curse, the Tom Cruise-starrer One Shot, the Brad Pitt-starrer World War Z and the relaunch of the Jack Ryan franchise that will star Chris Pine.
Skydance Acquires 'Bad In Bed' Pitch
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fate Of The Furious' Drives Five Wide Releases Off The Road With $38.6M Second Weekend - Sunday AM Update
'Fate Of The Furious' Fires Up $745M Offshore, $908M WW; Tops 'Transformers' In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- Dennis Rodman Runs Amok In Colin Hanks’ ‘The Amazing Adventures Of Wally And The Worm’…
- ‘Dear Basketball’ Scribe Kobe Bryant On A Career Built “Piece By Piece” And Life After Basketball…
- Docs 'Citizen Jane' & 'Jeremiah Tower' Rule Quiet Weekend – Specialty B.O.
- Deadline Studio at Tribeca 2017 – Day 3 – Andie MacDowell, Joseph Fiennes, Elisabeth Moss, Kobe Bryant, Dan Stevens…
- ‘Fate Of The Furious’ Fires Up $745M Offshore, $908M WW; Tops ‘Transformers’ In China – International…
- Max Winkler’s Teenage Comedy ‘Flower’ Plants Itself At The Orchard – Tribeca