Sidney Kimmel Entertainment announced that it will co-finance and co-produce Mr Morgan’s Last Love, a comedic melodrama that has Michael Caine attached to star. The story is based on the Francoise Dorner novel La Douceur Assassine and centers on a retired, lonely American widower in Paris whose encounter with a free-spirited and vibrantly naive beautiful young French woman brightens his life. Together they share a precious moment that not only touches their hearts but changes their lives. Sandra Nettlebeck wrote the adaptation and is directing the film, which has begun shooting in Paris and co-stars Clémence Poésy, Justin Kirk, Jane Alexander, Anne Alvaro and Gillian Anderson. Bavaria Pictures, Kaminski Stiehm Film and Senator Film will co-produce with Belgium-based Scope Pictures and SKE in association with Elzevir Films. Sidney Kimmel will also produce, and SKE will rep domestic distribution rights; Bavaria Film reps foreign.
Sidney Kimmel Comes Aboard Michael Caine-Starrer 'Mr. Morgan's Last Love'
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Last Jedi' Now Opening To $220M: How Disney Continues To Win With The 'Star Wars' Franchise - Update
'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' Skyrockets To $230M Overseas, $450M Global Bow - International Box Office
Harvey Weinstein Again Denies Blackballing Actresses: Says He Wanted Ashley Judd For 'Good Will Hunting'
Latest Film News
- 'I, Tonya' Ices Robust Weekend; 'Disaster Artist', 'Shape of Water' & 'Call Me By Your Name' Expand – Specialty…
- ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Skyrockets To $230M Overseas, $450M Global Bow – International Box Office
- Harvey Weinstein Again Denies Blackballing Actresses: Says He Wanted Ashley Judd For ‘Good Will Hunting’
- ‘The Room’ Filmmaker Tommy Wiseau Pitched Himself For Next ‘Star Wars’ Movie
- ‘Darkest Hour’ Is Gary Oldman’s “Man On A Mission” Movie
- Jake Gyllenhaal’s Fight To Mount ‘Stronger’ And Play A Real-Life Superhero