After lengthy negotiations with Lionsgate, Showtime has closed a deal for an eighth season of comedy Weeds. Production on the 13-episode eighth season will start next year for a 2012 launch. Weeds, created by Jenji Kohan, is the longest-running series on Showtime and the most watched comedy. It stars Mary-Louise Parker as a suburban widow-turned- full-fledged marijuana queenpin. Justin Kirk, Hunter Parrish, Alexander Gould and Kevin Nealon co-star.
Showtime Renews 'Weeds' For Season 8
What's Hot on Deadline
Global Scam Ravaging Hollywood: Silver-Tongued Imposter Poses As Top Female Producers To Catfish Victims
'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film's Record-Breaking Weekend
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Donald Trump Unleashes Base On Jeff Sessions With Tweet Demanding DOJ Investigate Obama In Russia Probe
Latest TV News
- ‘The Domestics’ Special Effects Coordinator Says He Shares Blame in “Wigging” Incident
- ‘The Village’: Grace Van Dien To Star In NBC Drama Pilot
- ‘High Maintenance’ & ‘Crashing’ Renewed For Season 3 By HBO
- ‘Seven Seconds’ Review: ‘Killing’ Creator’s New Drama Needs Less Time, Not More
- Fox News Channel’s Mark Levin Sunday Show Gets Premiere Date
- Damon Wayans Jr. To Star In CBS’ Tim McAuliffe/Austen Earl Comedy Pilot