After lengthy negotiations, Showtime has closed a new two-year deal with Dexter star Michael C. Hall. With him locked in, the pay cable network has renewed its flagship series for 2 more seasons, bringing the its run to 8 seasons. Each season will consist of 12 episodes, with production on Season 7 slated to begin next year in Los Angeles. “Dexter‘s enormous success is a real tribute to the great achievements of its cast, producers, and the powerhouse performance of Michael C. Hall,” Showtime entertainment president David Nevins said. “The series is bigger than it’s ever been in its sixth season, both in terms of audience and its impact on the cultural landscape.” This past week, Dexter inched up again in the ratings for a fifth consecutive week, delivering 1.99 million viewers (2.61 million for the night), the show’s largest audience since the sixth season premiere. Season-to-date, the dark drama averages 5.12 million viewers per week on all platforms. “On behalf of the entire Dexter family, we relish the invitation to delve ever deeper into Dexter’s world,” said Hall, who is executive producing the show with John Goldwyn, Sara Colleton, Scott Buck and Manny Coto. The deal with Hall comes after some tense moments last month when Hall and Showtime reached an impasse after the two sides couldn’t bridge a $4 million gap in proposed salary, with Showtime offering $20 million for two more seasons and Hall’s team asking for $24 million. That gap has now been bridged.
Showtime Closes New Deal With Michael C. Hall, Renews 'Dexter' For 2 More Seasons
What's Hot on Deadline
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
'Transparent' Creator Jill Soloway Won't Discuss Jeffrey Tambor Scandal, Advocates Anti-Harassment On-Set Rules
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- ‘Transparent’ Creator Jill Soloway Won’t Discuss Jeffrey Tambor Scandal, Advocates Anti-Harassment…
- Saoirse Ronan To Host ‘Saturday Night Live’, With Musical Guest U2
- ‘SNL’: Trump Boys Inherit Dad-Free Spot With “Juilliard Massage” Of “RickiLakes”
- ‘Stranger Things’: Duffer Brothers And Cast Reflect On Season 2, Keep Tight-Lipped On Season 3
- ‘Parks & Rec’ Mike Schur Says “Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey”; ‘Leftovers’ Damon Lindelof Regrets…
- Lena Dunham Apologizes For Murray Miller Defense Amid Assault Allegations