EXCLUSIVE: Michael Chiklis is teaming with former The Shield co-star Forest Whitaker for Pawn, an independent crime film centered around a hostage situation that has gone terribly wrong. Also starring in the film will be Common (Hell On Wheels), and Ray Liotta. The film marks David A. Armstrong’s directorial debut, and the feature debut for Chiklis’ production company Extravaganza Films. Chiklis will produce with The Story Department’s Brad Luff, Most Films’ Jeff Most and Imprint Entertainment’s Michael Becker. Jay Anthony White wrote the script, in which an ex-con becomes entangled in a manipulative chess game between the Feds, local police and the mob. Chiklis, who most recently starred alongside Jason Statham and Jennifer Lopez in Parker, was introduced to the project by Luff, who’s executive producer of Parker. Pawn starts production December 1. Chiklis is repped by WME and Management 360, Whitaker by WME and Brillstein Entertainment Partners. Common is repped by WME and Oasis and Liotta by UTA and Untitled. Armstrong’s repped by Original Artists.
'Shield' Cohorts Michael Chiklis And Forest Whitaker Team For Indie Feature 'Pawn'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Anne Hathaway Circling ‘Barbie’ At Sony
- ‘The Marriage Pact’: Fox & Chernin Nab Rights To Upcoming Novel For Justin Haythe To Adapt
- Gravitas Acquires ‘Fallen’, A Polarizing Police Officer Documentary Narrated By Michael Chiklis
- Loretta Devine, Kimberly Elise, Deon Cole & More Cast In ‘Headshop’
- Writers’ Health Care Costs Going Up In January
- Tommy Dewey & Francois Arnaud To Star In Marc Carlini’s ‘She's In Portland’