EXCLUSIVE: Michael Chiklis is teaming with former The Shield co-star Forest Whitaker for Pawn, an independent crime film centered around a hostage situation that has gone terribly wrong. Also starring in the film will be Common (Hell On Wheels), and Ray Liotta. The film marks David A. Armstrong’s directorial debut, and the feature debut for Chiklis’ production company Extravaganza Films. Chiklis will produce with The Story Department’s Brad Luff, Most Films’ Jeff Most and Imprint Entertainment’s Michael Becker. Jay Anthony White wrote the script, in which an ex-con becomes entangled in a manipulative chess game between the Feds, local police and the mob. Chiklis, who most recently starred alongside Jason Statham and Jennifer Lopez in Parker, was introduced to the project by Luff, who’s executive producer of Parker. Pawn starts production December 1. Chiklis is repped by WME and Management 360, Whitaker by WME and Brillstein Entertainment Partners. Common is repped by WME and Oasis and Liotta by UTA and Untitled. Armstrong’s repped by Original Artists.
'Shield' Cohorts Michael Chiklis And Forest Whitaker Team For Indie Feature 'Pawn'
What's Hot on Deadline
Billboard Music Awards Ratings Hit Low, 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' Finale Rises, NBA Up With Warriors' Win
Mario Batali Under Criminal Investigation By NYPD For Sexual Assault Allegations; B&B HG Sever Ties With Chef - Update
'The Expendables 4' Muscles Up: Sylvester Stallone Action Pic & 'Rambo 5' Sell To China In Eight-Figure Co-Fi Deal
Latest Film News
- Charlize Theron To Play Megyn Kelly In Fox News Movie At Annapurna
- Sheaun McKinney Joins Joe Carnahan’s ‘Boss Level’; McKinley Belcher Cast In ‘The Art Of Racing In The Rain…
- Writer-Director Antonio Campos Signs With WME
- Felicity Huffman Takes On A New Role: Girl Boss
- He’s Baaaack! Ryan Kavanaugh Hired As Consultant By Relativity’s New Owners
- Warner Bros To Make Film On Bard Prison Initiative Debate Team That Beat Harvard