EXCLUSIVE: Michael Chiklis is teaming with former The Shield co-star Forest Whitaker for Pawn, an independent crime film centered around a hostage situation that has gone terribly wrong. Also starring in the film will be Common (Hell On Wheels), and Ray Liotta. The film marks David A. Armstrong’s directorial debut, and the feature debut for Chiklis’ production company Extravaganza Films. Chiklis will produce with The Story Department’s Brad Luff, Most Films’ Jeff Most and Imprint Entertainment’s Michael Becker. Jay Anthony White wrote the script, in which an ex-con becomes entangled in a manipulative chess game between the Feds, local police and the mob. Chiklis, who most recently starred alongside Jason Statham and Jennifer Lopez in Parker, was introduced to the project by Luff, who’s executive producer of Parker. Pawn starts production December 1. Chiklis is repped by WME and Management 360, Whitaker by WME and Brillstein Entertainment Partners. Common is repped by WME and Oasis and Liotta by UTA and Untitled. Armstrong’s repped by Original Artists.
'Shield' Cohorts Michael Chiklis And Forest Whitaker Team For Indie Feature 'Pawn'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘The War With Grandpa’ Pushed To Winter; Third Release Date For Dimension’s Robert De Niro Comedy
- ‘California Typewriter’ Review: Tom Hanks And The Late Sam Shepard Get Nostalgic About The Write Stuff
- SAG-AFTRA Board Candidate Shaan Sharma Calls On Union To End Partisan Bickering
- Ismael Cruz Córdova Cast In ‘Mary, Queen Of Scots’
- The Joker Origin Story On Deck: Todd Phillips, Scott Silver, Martin Scorsese Aboard WB/DC Film
- ‘The Wild Geese’ To Fly Again With William Monahan Writing For New Republic Pictures, Filmula