Sharon Stone confirmed that she is set to play the mother of Linda Lovelace in Lovelace, a biopic about the porn star from Rob Epstein and Jeffrey Friedman. Amanda Seyfried is already aboard to play Lovelace, one of the most famous adult film stars whose Deep Throat is the genre’s most iconic movie and one of the all-time highest-grossing indie films. The script centers on Lovelace’s relationship with her husband Chuck Traynor, who steered her into the business; she subsequently quit porn and divorced Traynor. Peter Sarsgaard is in negotiations for the husband. The script is by Andy Bellin and W. Merritt Johnson, based on the book The Complete Linda Lovelace by Eric Danville. Partners on the project are Millennium Films, Eclectic Pictures and Untitled Entertainment. Stone told the Associated Press that she is shooting the Voltage Pictures thriller The Mule before starting work on the Lovelace film, which is expected to begin production in January.
Sharon Stone Joins Cast Of 'Lovelace'
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'CNN Original' Roger Strauss Retires; Directed Tiananmen Square Live Coverage
- Ellen Barkin To Guest Star In Showtime's 'Happyish' Pilot
- Brenton Thwaites Boards 'Pirates 5′ Ship For Disney
- 'Strange Magic' Trailer: George Lucas' Animated Fairy Tale
- Millennium Entertainment Bolsters Digital With Amplify
- Bravo Renews 'Untying The Knot' For Second Season