EXCLUSIVE: Patrick Melton & Marcus Dunstan, the team behind three of the Saw films, are currently doing production rewrite work on the Guillermo del Toro-directed tent pole Pacific Rim for Legendary Pictures. At the same time, they are plotting out the movie adaptation of Black Light, a new thriller novel they wrote with Stephen Romano that was just published by Mulholland Books. They’ve enlisted Michael De Luca to produce, and WME is starting to put the package together. The novel revolves around a private eye who has unique gifts that make him suited to solve cases that involve the supernatural. All the while, he’s obsessed with the mother and father who were killed while he was a child. He uses a “black light” to try and remember his past and contact his parents, to no avail. When a reclusive billionaire hires him, all the pieces begin to fit together. The scribes are repped by WME and Underground Management.
Scribe Team Melton & Dunstan Plot Screen Version Of 'Black Light'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘The War With Grandpa’ Pushed To Winter; Third Release Date For Dimension’s Robert De Niro Comedy
- ‘California Typewriter’ Review: Tom Hanks And The Late Sam Shepard Get Nostalgic About The Write Stuff
- SAG-AFTRA Board Candidate Shaan Sharma Calls On Union To End Partisan Bickering
- Ismael Cruz Córdova Cast In ‘Mary, Queen Of Scots’
- The Joker Origin Story On Deck: Todd Phillips, Scott Silver, Martin Scorsese Aboard WB/DC Film
- ‘The Wild Geese’ To Fly Again With William Monahan Writing For New Republic Pictures, Filmula