EXCLUSIVE: Patrick Melton & Marcus Dunstan, the team behind three of the Saw films, are currently doing production rewrite work on the Guillermo del Toro-directed tent pole Pacific Rim for Legendary Pictures. At the same time, they are plotting out the movie adaptation of Black Light, a new thriller novel they wrote with Stephen Romano that was just published by Mulholland Books. They’ve enlisted Michael De Luca to produce, and WME is starting to put the package together. The novel revolves around a private eye who has unique gifts that make him suited to solve cases that involve the supernatural. All the while, he’s obsessed with the mother and father who were killed while he was a child. He uses a “black light” to try and remember his past and contact his parents, to no avail. When a reclusive billionaire hires him, all the pieces begin to fit together. The scribes are repped by WME and Underground Management.
Scribe Team Melton & Dunstan Plot Screen Version Of 'Black Light'
What's Hot on Deadline
Matt Groening Netflix Animated Comedy A Go With 20-Episode Order, Abbi Jacobson, Nat Faxon & Eric Andre Lead Voice Cast
David Letterman Talks The Changing Late-Night Landscape, His Talk Show Return On 'Norm Macdonald Live'
Latest Film News
- ‘Wonder Woman 2’ Gets 2019 Release Date
- ‘Bloodline’ Actor Owen Teague Joins YA Romance ‘Every Day’
- Jared Leto In Talks For ‘Bloodshot’ At Sony
- Ric Roman Waugh Nears Deal To Direct ‘Angel Has Fallen’, Next Installment Of The ‘Olympus Has…
- ‘Atomic Blonde’ Review: Charlize Theron Kicks Ass, But Spy Action Thriller Has More Fight Than Bite
- Fox, 21 Laps Land Colm McCarthy For Coast Guard Thriller