EXCLUSIVE: Patrick Melton & Marcus Dunstan, the team behind three of the Saw films, are currently doing production rewrite work on the Guillermo del Toro-directed tent pole Pacific Rim for Legendary Pictures. At the same time, they are plotting out the movie adaptation of Black Light, a new thriller novel they wrote with Stephen Romano that was just published by Mulholland Books. They’ve enlisted Michael De Luca to produce, and WME is starting to put the package together. The novel revolves around a private eye who has unique gifts that make him suited to solve cases that involve the supernatural. All the while, he’s obsessed with the mother and father who were killed while he was a child. He uses a “black light” to try and remember his past and contact his parents, to no avail. When a reclusive billionaire hires him, all the pieces begin to fit together. The scribes are repped by WME and Underground Management.
Scribe Team Melton & Dunstan Plot Screen Version Of 'Black Light'
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Latest Film News
- Harvey Weinstein Drew Up 91-Name List For Investigators To Target: Report
- Little People Played Big Enough At A Guild Screening Of Alexander Payne’s ‘Downsizing’
- Hollywood Split Over Al Franken; Former ‘SNL’ Cast Members Take Sides
- David Cassidy Hospitalized With Reported Organ Failure
- Ann Wedgeworth Dies: ‘Three’s Company’, ‘Sweet Dreams’ Actress Was 83
- Malcolm Young Dies: AC/DC Guitarist Rocked Charts & TV-Film Soundtracks