EXCLUSIVE: Patrick Melton & Marcus Dunstan, the team behind three of the Saw films, are currently doing production rewrite work on the Guillermo del Toro-directed tent pole Pacific Rim for Legendary Pictures. At the same time, they are plotting out the movie adaptation of Black Light, a new thriller novel they wrote with Stephen Romano that was just published by Mulholland Books. They’ve enlisted Michael De Luca to produce, and WME is starting to put the package together. The novel revolves around a private eye who has unique gifts that make him suited to solve cases that involve the supernatural. All the while, he’s obsessed with the mother and father who were killed while he was a child. He uses a “black light” to try and remember his past and contact his parents, to no avail. When a reclusive billionaire hires him, all the pieces begin to fit together. The scribes are repped by WME and Underground Management.
Scribe Team Melton & Dunstan Plot Screen Version Of 'Black Light'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- Universal, Charlize Theron Land CIA Spy Novel ‘Need To Know’
- Salman Rushdie Extols The Immigrant’s Struggle Of ‘Lion’: Guest Column
- China Warns Korean Entertainment Giant That Its Part In U.S. Missile Deal Is “Playing With Fire”
- CinemaNX Founder & Producer Steve Christian Dies Aged 53
- Harold Lloyd Pics To Be Animated; INTV Adds Li Ruigang Keynote – Global Briefs
- Lauren Holly To Star In Indie ‘Ultra Low’; Mollee Gray Set For ‘The Favorite’