EXCLUSIVE: Patrick Melton & Marcus Dunstan, the team behind three of the Saw films, are currently doing production rewrite work on the Guillermo del Toro-directed tent pole Pacific Rim for Legendary Pictures. At the same time, they are plotting out the movie adaptation of Black Light, a new thriller novel they wrote with Stephen Romano that was just published by Mulholland Books. They’ve enlisted Michael De Luca to produce, and WME is starting to put the package together. The novel revolves around a private eye who has unique gifts that make him suited to solve cases that involve the supernatural. All the while, he’s obsessed with the mother and father who were killed while he was a child. He uses a “black light” to try and remember his past and contact his parents, to no avail. When a reclusive billionaire hires him, all the pieces begin to fit together. The scribes are repped by WME and Underground Management.
Scribe Team Melton & Dunstan Plot Screen Version Of 'Black Light'
What's Hot on Deadline
'I Feel Pretty' Takes In $1M, 'Super Troopers 2' Tickets Strong $1.35M, 'Traffik' With $225K In Thursday Previews
'Love, Gilda' Director On Meeting Gene Wilder & Why Some Gilda Radner 'SNL' Peers Aren't In The Doc - Tribeca
Al Pacino, Michelle Pfeiffer and Brian De Palma On 'Scarface' F-Bombs, Chainsaw And Origin Story – Tribeca
Latest Film News
- Slate PR Promotes 10 Across Team
- ‘O.G.’ Star Jeffrey Wright On The Experience Of Shooting In Maximum Security Prison — Tribeca Studio
- William Friedkin Revisits Demons With 'The Devil and Father Amorth'; Godard In Focus – Specialty B.O. Preview
- ‘I Feel Pretty’ Takes In $1M, ‘Super Troopers 2’ Tickets Strong $1.35M, ‘Traffik’ With $225K In…
- ‘Love, Gilda’ Director On Meeting Gene Wilder & Why Some Gilda Radner ‘SNL’ Peers Aren’t In The Doc…
- Kareem ‘Biggs’ Burke Boards Tribeca Fest Titles ‘O.G.’ & ‘It’s A Hard Truth Ain’t It’ As EP…