EXCLUSIVE: Patrick Melton & Marcus Dunstan, the team behind three of the Saw films, are currently doing production rewrite work on the Guillermo del Toro-directed tent pole Pacific Rim for Legendary Pictures. At the same time, they are plotting out the movie adaptation of Black Light, a new thriller novel they wrote with Stephen Romano that was just published by Mulholland Books. They’ve enlisted Michael De Luca to produce, and WME is starting to put the package together. The novel revolves around a private eye who has unique gifts that make him suited to solve cases that involve the supernatural. All the while, he’s obsessed with the mother and father who were killed while he was a child. He uses a “black light” to try and remember his past and contact his parents, to no avail. When a reclusive billionaire hires him, all the pieces begin to fit together. The scribes are repped by WME and Underground Management.
Scribe Team Melton & Dunstan Plot Screen Version Of 'Black Light'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Netflix Lands ‘Outlaw King’; David Mackenzie Directs Chris Pine As Robert The Bruce In Scottish Epic
- Taissa Farmiga Set For New Line’s ‘The Nun’; Spinoff of Sister Vera’s ‘The Conjuring’
- An Oscar Winner & A 72-Year-Old Neurologist-Turned-Filmmaker Combine For Festival’s Most Unique Movie…
- Deadline Studio At Tribeca 2017 – Day 4 – Chris Messina, Zosia Mamet, Ed Helms, Debra Winger & More
- ‘One Percent More Humid’: Juno Temple & Julia Garner’s Grief-Stricken Teens Find Summer Solace In New England…
- EOne, Aquarius Board Aussie Series ‘The Other Guy’; Studiocanal Picks Up ‘American Gods’; Viceland Producing Comedy ‘Brexit Stage…