EXCLUSIVE: Patrick Melton & Marcus Dunstan, the team behind three of the Saw films, are currently doing production rewrite work on the Guillermo del Toro-directed tent pole Pacific Rim for Legendary Pictures. At the same time, they are plotting out the movie adaptation of Black Light, a new thriller novel they wrote with Stephen Romano that was just published by Mulholland Books. They’ve enlisted Michael De Luca to produce, and WME is starting to put the package together. The novel revolves around a private eye who has unique gifts that make him suited to solve cases that involve the supernatural. All the while, he’s obsessed with the mother and father who were killed while he was a child. He uses a “black light” to try and remember his past and contact his parents, to no avail. When a reclusive billionaire hires him, all the pieces begin to fit together. The scribes are repped by WME and Underground Management.
Scribe Team Melton & Dunstan Plot Screen Version Of 'Black Light'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Blade Runner' Nears $100M Offshore, Has Soft Korea Open; 'Kingsman' Closes In On $200M - International Box Office
'Saturday Night Live' Ratings Rise To Season Highs With Host Kumail Nanjiani, Donald Trump & Harvey Weinstein Skits
Latest Film News
- ‘It Happened In L.A.’: The Orchard Unveils Trailer & Release Date For Michelle Morgan’s Dating Comedy
- ‘What Haunts Us’ Trailer: Complicit Silence About Sexual Predator Burdens Town In Timely Docu
- ‘Only The Brave’ Review: Josh Brolin Leads Powerful Story Of Granite Mountain Hotshots
- CSA Announces Open Casting Call For Transgender Actors
- Netflix Reports 5.3 Million New Global Subscribers In Q3 After Stock Sets Record
- Producers Guild Board Votes Unanimously To Expel Harvey Weinsteino