EXCLUSIVE: Using his own money, producer Scott Rudin has acquired screen rights to The Marriage Plot, the novel by Pulitzer Prize-winning author Jeffrey Eugenides that was published earlier this month by Farrar, Straus & Giroux. The novel is a love triangle about three Brown graduates in the early 1980s who wrestle with love, religion and coming of age. Eugenides previously wrote The Virgin Suicides and won the Pulitzer for Middlesex. Rudin produced the upcoming Oscar season films the David Fincher-directed The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and the Stephen Daldry-directed Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close. He’s producing with Joel and Ethan Coen Inside Llewyn Davis, which begins production shortly. The author is repped by CAA and Janklow & Nesbit.
Scott Rudin Buys Film Rights To 'The Marriage Plot'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $285M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- ‘The Discovery’ Trailer: Consequences Ensue As Robert Redford Proves The Afterlife
- Errol Morris’ ‘The B-Side’ Acquired By Neon
- Who Is The Social Media King Of Oscar Best Picture Nominees?
- Brad Grey Hosts Farewell For His Paramount Executives
- Lionsgate Sets ‘Most Likely To Murder’; ‘Crazy Ex-Girlfriend’s Rachel Bloom & Adam Pally Star
- Serialized Storyteller Serial Box Signs With Janklow & Nesbit