EXCLUSIVE: Using his own money, producer Scott Rudin has acquired screen rights to The Marriage Plot, the novel by Pulitzer Prize-winning author Jeffrey Eugenides that was published earlier this month by Farrar, Straus & Giroux. The novel is a love triangle about three Brown graduates in the early 1980s who wrestle with love, religion and coming of age. Eugenides previously wrote The Virgin Suicides and won the Pulitzer for Middlesex. Rudin produced the upcoming Oscar season films the David Fincher-directed The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and the Stephen Daldry-directed Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close. He’s producing with Joel and Ethan Coen Inside Llewyn Davis, which begins production shortly. The author is repped by CAA and Janklow & Nesbit.
Scott Rudin Buys Film Rights To 'The Marriage Plot'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- CAS Awards: ‘La La Land’, ‘Game Of Thrones’ Among Winners – Full List
- Shia LaBeouf, Luke Turner & Nastja Säde Rönkkö's Anti-Trump Project Goes West
- [PHOTOS] 2017 Oscar Nominees Part 1: Casey Affleck, Denzel Washington, Pharrell Williams, Damien Chazelle & More
- ‘Song to Song’ Trailer: Ryan Gosling, Rooney Mara & Michael Fassbender Get Caught Up In A Love Triangle
- Berlin Film Fest: Hungarian ‘On Body And Soul’ Wins Golden Bear – Complete Winners List
- Encore: Taylor Sheridan & David Mackenzie On Raising ‘Hell Or High Water’: “It’s About Fatherhood At The End Of The Day”…