EXCLUSIVE: Using his own money, producer Scott Rudin has acquired screen rights to The Marriage Plot, the novel by Pulitzer Prize-winning author Jeffrey Eugenides that was published earlier this month by Farrar, Straus & Giroux. The novel is a love triangle about three Brown graduates in the early 1980s who wrestle with love, religion and coming of age. Eugenides previously wrote The Virgin Suicides and won the Pulitzer for Middlesex. Rudin produced the upcoming Oscar season films the David Fincher-directed The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and the Stephen Daldry-directed Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close. He’s producing with Joel and Ethan Coen Inside Llewyn Davis, which begins production shortly. The author is repped by CAA and Janklow & Nesbit.
Scott Rudin Buys Film Rights To 'The Marriage Plot'
What's Hot on Deadline
PGA Awards: 'The Shape Of Water' Wins Outstanding Producer; 'Handmaid's Tale', 'Mrs. Maisel' Tops In TV - Full Winners List
Ava DuVernay Says Diversity Is An "Absolute Must" In Industry; Remembers Allison Shearmur - PGA Awards
Allison Shearmur Funeral Service Set For Monday: Pals Pay Tribute To Late Tastemaking Studio Executive & Producer
January Slows As 'Jumanji' Takes No. 1 For 3rd Weekend With $19M+; Older Guy Pics '12 Strong' & 'Den Of Thieves' In Mid Teens
Latest Film News
- PGA Awards: ‘The Shape Of Water’ Wins Outstanding Producer; ‘Handmaid’s Tale’, ‘Mrs. Maisel’ Tops In TV – Full…
- Ava DuVernay Says Diversity Is An “Absolute Must” In Industry; Remembers Allison Shearmur – PGA Awards
- Charles Roven Recognizes “Vanguard Of Positive Change” In Hollywood – PGA Awards
- Charles Roven: A Q&A With The PGA’s David O. Selznick Honoree Reveals When He Knew He Really Made It In Hollywood
- Jordan Peele Says It Feels Like “We’re In The Sunken Place” Right Now – PGA Awards
- Deadline And Women In Film’s ‘The Road To 50/50’ Panel – Sundance Livestream