EXCLUSIVE: Using his own money, producer Scott Rudin has acquired screen rights to The Marriage Plot, the novel by Pulitzer Prize-winning author Jeffrey Eugenides that was published earlier this month by Farrar, Straus & Giroux. The novel is a love triangle about three Brown graduates in the early 1980s who wrestle with love, religion and coming of age. Eugenides previously wrote The Virgin Suicides and won the Pulitzer for Middlesex. Rudin produced the upcoming Oscar season films the David Fincher-directed The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and the Stephen Daldry-directed Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close. He’s producing with Joel and Ethan Coen Inside Llewyn Davis, which begins production shortly. The author is repped by CAA and Janklow & Nesbit.
Scott Rudin Buys Film Rights To 'The Marriage Plot'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Ouija 2’ Filmmaker Mike Flanagan To ‘Inherit The Earth’
- Starz Shareholders Formally Endorse Sale To Lionsgate
- ‘Lion’ Collects Best Positive Film Award In Paris
- ‘A United Kingdom’ Trailer: Inside The Marriage That Changed African History
- Condola Rashad Joins Netflix’s ‘Come Sunday’ With Chiwetel Ejiofor
- Multiple Buyers Take ‘The Oath’; Baltasar Kormakur Thriller Is Iceland’s #1 2016 Pic