NBC’s Saturday Night Live returned from from a 2-week hiatus last night with It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia star Charlie Day as host and Maroon 5 as musical guest. The show averaged a 4.9/11 in metered-market households, the best since SNL‘s second episode this season hosted by Melissa McCarthy with musical guest Lady Antebellum. In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, last night’s SNL averaged a 2.8 rating/12 share in adults 18-49, a season high and the best result since May’s highly rated season finale with host Justin Timberlake and musical guest Lady Gaga. Here is SNL‘s take on Kim Kardashian’s divorce: Kim’s Fairytale Divorce Special. The show’s other memorable skits included a cold open with the ghost of Moammar Gadhafi and the Greek gods brainstorming solutions for the country’s financial crisis.
'Saturday Night Live' Hits Season High In 18-49, Mocks Kim Kardashian's Divorce
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'Guardians' Tops 2014; 'As Above/So Below' Nabs No. 3; 'Cantinflas' Es Excelente!
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'