NBC’s Saturday Night Live returned from from a 2-week hiatus last night with It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia star Charlie Day as host and Maroon 5 as musical guest. The show averaged a 4.9/11 in metered-market households, the best since SNL‘s second episode this season hosted by Melissa McCarthy with musical guest Lady Antebellum. In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, last night’s SNL averaged a 2.8 rating/12 share in adults 18-49, a season high and the best result since May’s highly rated season finale with host Justin Timberlake and musical guest Lady Gaga. Here is SNL‘s take on Kim Kardashian’s divorce: Kim’s Fairytale Divorce Special. The show’s other memorable skits included a cold open with the ghost of Moammar Gadhafi and the Greek gods brainstorming solutions for the country’s financial crisis.
'Saturday Night Live' Hits Season High In 18-49, Mocks Kim Kardashian's Divorce
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate