NBC’s Saturday Night Live returned from from a 2-week hiatus last night with It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia star Charlie Day as host and Maroon 5 as musical guest. The show averaged a 4.9/11 in metered-market households, the best since SNL‘s second episode this season hosted by Melissa McCarthy with musical guest Lady Antebellum. In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, last night’s SNL averaged a 2.8 rating/12 share in adults 18-49, a season high and the best result since May’s highly rated season finale with host Justin Timberlake and musical guest Lady Gaga. Here is SNL‘s take on Kim Kardashian’s divorce: Kim’s Fairytale Divorce Special. The show’s other memorable skits included a cold open with the ghost of Moammar Gadhafi and the Greek gods brainstorming solutions for the country’s financial crisis.
'Saturday Night Live' Hits Season High In 18-49, Mocks Kim Kardashian's Divorce
Trending Now on Deadline
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'
FINAL: 'Fury' Wins Box Office War With $23.7M; 'Book Of Life' At $17M; 'Gone Girl' $100M+; 'Best Of Me' $10M - B.O. Final
Parents & Frequent Moviegoers Are Desensitized To Violence, Sex In Film; Likely So Is MPAA Ratings Board: Study
More From Andreeva
- Leslie Jones Named 'Saturday Night Live' Cast Member
- Rainn Wilson To Produce Comedy Starring Vine Favorites, Including Curtis Lepore & Jerry Purpdrank
- Wanda Sykes Signs With UTA
- Literary Manager Stephen Marks Exits Evolution For Rain Management Group
- 'Chrisley Knows Best' Picked Up For Season 3, Holiday Special By USA
- Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'