EXCLUSIVE: Robert Katz is about to begin discussions to exit as president of Dimension Films, a job that is proving tough to fill for the long term. Katz, a well regarded exec who had been Film Department’s president of production and before that exec veep at Yari Film Group, took the job in late July following Brad Luff’s exit after less than a year. I’m told that the exit is fairly amicable and that it came down to a difference in vision between Katz and his boss, Dimension head Bob Weinstein, who has always been a challenging guy to work for. I’m not sure that Katz really had an opportunity to get on track in such a short time, but clearly the chemistry wasn’t right. Dimension last released Apollo 18, the $5 million budget “found footage” genre thriller that grossed $17.6 million domestic.
Robert Katz Leaving Dimension Films Prexy Post
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- 'Pontius Pilate' — Sans Brad Pitt — Headed For Jeff Robinov's Studio 8?
- 'The Interview' Press Tour Canceled This Week For Seth Rogen & James Franco
- CAA Mints Four New Agents
- Cyber-Terrorists Threaten Theatergoers On 'The Interview' – Update
- Tom Hanks Eyes David Eggers' Novel 'The Circle' With James Ponsoldt: Hot Package
- 'Whiplash's J.K. Simmons To Star In 'Kong: Skull Island'