The Cinema Audio Society will bestow its CAS Filmmaker Award on Rob Marshall at the 40th CAS Awards in February in Los Angeles. The director’s films have been nominated for 23 Academy Awards, including a Best Picture win for Chicago in 2002. His most recent film, Pirates Of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, has grossed more than $1 billion worldwide. He is currently developing The Thin Man with Johnny Depp. The CAS’ already announced Career Achievement recipient is sound mixer Scott Millan, who worked with Marshall on Marshall’s Nine. Previous recipients of the Filmmaker Award include Quentin Tarantino, Gil Cates, Bill Condon, Paul Mazursky, Henry Selick and Taylor Hackford.
CAS Filmmaker Award To Rob Marshall
What's Hot on Deadline
Black Friday Box Office Explodes: Top 20 Pics +112% Over Thanksgiving; Katniss Eyes $74.4M 5-Day - Saturday AM Update
Universal Lands Hot Novel 'The Girl Before'; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
Pete Hammond's Notes On The Season: Eddie Redmayne Dines Out, Sly Stallone Trusts In Youth, And Leonardo Di Caprio Deserves The Medal Of Honor
Latest Film News
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘Son Of Saul’ Director László Nemes & Star Géza Röhrig Discuss The Harrowing Cannes Winner’s Journey…
- What Is This ‘Project Delirium’ Jennifer Lawrence Wants To Direct?
- Universal Lands Hot Novel ‘The Girl Before’; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
- Lionsgate And ‘Gods Of Egypt’ Director Alex Proyas Apologize For Film’s Lack Of Diversity
- Roman Polanski Will Not Be Extradited To The U.S. From Poland
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Facebook Clip: Snoke Signals, Han Shoots First