The Cinema Audio Society will bestow its CAS Filmmaker Award on Rob Marshall at the 40th CAS Awards in February in Los Angeles. The director’s films have been nominated for 23 Academy Awards, including a Best Picture win for Chicago in 2002. His most recent film, Pirates Of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, has grossed more than $1 billion worldwide. He is currently developing The Thin Man with Johnny Depp. The CAS’ already announced Career Achievement recipient is sound mixer Scott Millan, who worked with Marshall on Marshall’s Nine. Previous recipients of the Filmmaker Award include Quentin Tarantino, Gil Cates, Bill Condon, Paul Mazursky, Henry Selick and Taylor Hackford.
CAS Filmmaker Award To Rob Marshall
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $59M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred 'Jurassic World' & Possibly 'Last Jedi'
BAFTA Awards: 'Three Billboards' Wins Best Film, Tops Night With Five Nods - The Complete Winners List
Latest Film News
- M.I.A & Ed Sheeran Films Drum Up Global Interest in Rock Docs – Berlin
- Idrissa Ouedraogo Dies: Noted Director Of African Film Was 64
- BAFTA Awards: ‘Three Billboards’ Stuns ‘Shape Of Water’ But Does This Mean Oscar Is Next?…
- History Is Already Written: Film Comedies Came Back In 2018
- Greenwich Entertainment Acquires Lorna Tucker Docu ‘Westwood: Punk, Icon, Activist’
- BAFTA Awards: ‘Three Billboards’ Wins Best Film, Tops Night With Five Nods – The Complete Winners List