The Cinema Audio Society will bestow its CAS Filmmaker Award on Rob Marshall at the 40th CAS Awards in February in Los Angeles. The director’s films have been nominated for 23 Academy Awards, including a Best Picture win for Chicago in 2002. His most recent film, Pirates Of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, has grossed more than $1 billion worldwide. He is currently developing The Thin Man with Johnny Depp. The CAS’ already announced Career Achievement recipient is sound mixer Scott Millan, who worked with Marshall on Marshall’s Nine. Previous recipients of the Filmmaker Award include Quentin Tarantino, Gil Cates, Bill Condon, Paul Mazursky, Henry Selick and Taylor Hackford.
CAS Filmmaker Award To Rob Marshall
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Team
- Scott Pelley Anchors 'CBS Evening News' From Havana - Video
- 'Team America: World Police' Replaces 'The Interview' At Texas Theater
- Michael Roark Joins 'Wild For The Night'; Tina Casciani Cast In 'Bleed For This'
- Hollywood Hits Twitter To Vent Anger About 'The Interview' Being Pulled
- Judd Apatow On 'The Interview' Being Pulled: “Disgraceful”
- David Muir Asks Obama If He Will Visit Cuba In ABC News Exclusive - Video