The Cinema Audio Society will bestow its CAS Filmmaker Award on Rob Marshall at the 40th CAS Awards in February in Los Angeles. The director’s films have been nominated for 23 Academy Awards, including a Best Picture win for Chicago in 2002. His most recent film, Pirates Of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, has grossed more than $1 billion worldwide. He is currently developing The Thin Man with Johnny Depp. The CAS’ already announced Career Achievement recipient is sound mixer Scott Millan, who worked with Marshall on Marshall’s Nine. Previous recipients of the Filmmaker Award include Quentin Tarantino, Gil Cates, Bill Condon, Paul Mazursky, Henry Selick and Taylor Hackford.
CAS Filmmaker Award To Rob Marshall
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Latest Film News
- ‘On The Milky Road’: Emir Kusturica Woos Monica Bellucci, With Pumpkins – Venice
- Modern VideoFilm Founder Sues New Owner For $100 Million
- Oscars: ‘Miles Ahead’ & ‘Maggie’s Plan’ Are First 2016 Awards Screeners Sent To Voters As Sony Classics Jumpstarts The…
- Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The ‘Young Frankenstein’ Scene That Cracked Him Up: “We Had To Do It 14 Times”…
- Gene Wilder: Remembering A Comedy Movie Icon – Photos
- IATSE Offers To Help ‘Sausage Party’ Animators & Fight “Untenable” VFX Working Conditions