The Cinema Audio Society will bestow its CAS Filmmaker Award on Rob Marshall at the 40th CAS Awards in February in Los Angeles. The director’s films have been nominated for 23 Academy Awards, including a Best Picture win for Chicago in 2002. His most recent film, Pirates Of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, has grossed more than $1 billion worldwide. He is currently developing The Thin Man with Johnny Depp. The CAS’ already announced Career Achievement recipient is sound mixer Scott Millan, who worked with Marshall on Marshall’s Nine. Previous recipients of the Filmmaker Award include Quentin Tarantino, Gil Cates, Bill Condon, Paul Mazursky, Henry Selick and Taylor Hackford.
CAS Filmmaker Award To Rob Marshall
Trending Now on Deadline
Marvel's 'Jessica Jones': Krysten Ritter, Alexandra Daddario, Teresa Palmer, Marin Ireland, Jessica De Gouw Testing For Lead
More From Team
- 'Killing Kennedy' To Air On Fox News Channel; 'O'Reilly Factor' To Preview The Film
- Osy Ikhile Joins Syfy Mini 'Childhood's End'; Sebastian Pigott In ABC's 'Revenge'
- James Franco, Nicki Minaj, One Direction, Martin Freeman Headline 'SNL's Final Shows Of 2014
- Oscar & Tony Winning Director Mike Nichols Dead At 83
- Steve McQueen's Next Movie: Heist Pic Based On '80s UK Mini 'Widows'
- Mike Nichols' Death: ABC News Chief's Memo To Staff – Video