ReelzChannel, which entered original programming earlier this year with the high-profile acquisition of the miniseries The Kennedys, has acquired its first original scripted series — drama True Justice starring action movie star-turned-TV reality star Steven Seagal. The series, slated for a March 2012 launch, stars Seagal as Elijah Kane who leads a hardcore undercover team of Seattle based cops who take on gangs, drug lords and crime syndicates as they fight to clean up the streets. Seagal, Nicolas Chartier and Phillip B. Goldfine are executive producing, with Keoni Waxman serving as co-executive producer and director. Sojo Prods. and Voltage Pictures are producing in association with Steamroller Prods. ReelzChannel will be the U.S. distributor of the 13-episode series, which was independently produced. Internationally, it has aired on Nitro in Spain and digital channel 5USA in the UK.
ReelzChannel Picks Up Steven Seagal Drama Series
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Jackson Confirms Ashley Judd & Mira Sorvino Claims Harvey Weinstein Blacklisted Them From 'LOTR'
Latest TV News
- Filming On TNT Unscripted Series ‘Who Rules The World’ Suspended As Producers Sever Ties With Morgan Spurlock
- Liz Mahoney, Megan Moss Pachon, Bryna Rifkin & Heidi Lopata Form New PR Shingle Narrative
- ‘Watergate’ Limited Series From George Clooney & Matt Charman In Works At Netflix
- Beware: How Global One Management's Questionable Practices Entangled Politicians, Child Actors And The Homeless
- Margot Robbie’s LuckyChap Banner Inks First-Look Deal With Warner Bros. TV, Sets Female Wall Street Drama At NBC
- AT&T, Justice Department Settlement Talks Over Time Warner Deal Fail