ReelzChannel, which entered original programming earlier this year with the high-profile acquisition of the miniseries The Kennedys, has acquired its first original scripted series — drama True Justice starring action movie star-turned-TV reality star Steven Seagal. The series, slated for a March 2012 launch, stars Seagal as Elijah Kane who leads a hardcore undercover team of Seattle based cops who take on gangs, drug lords and crime syndicates as they fight to clean up the streets. Seagal, Nicolas Chartier and Phillip B. Goldfine are executive producing, with Keoni Waxman serving as co-executive producer and director. Sojo Prods. and Voltage Pictures are producing in association with Steamroller Prods. ReelzChannel will be the U.S. distributor of the 13-episode series, which was independently produced. Internationally, it has aired on Nitro in Spain and digital channel 5USA in the UK.
ReelzChannel Picks Up Steven Seagal Drama Series
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate