ReelzChannel, which entered original programming earlier this year with the high-profile acquisition of the miniseries The Kennedys, has acquired its first original scripted series — drama True Justice starring action movie star-turned-TV reality star Steven Seagal. The series, slated for a March 2012 launch, stars Seagal as Elijah Kane who leads a hardcore undercover team of Seattle based cops who take on gangs, drug lords and crime syndicates as they fight to clean up the streets. Seagal, Nicolas Chartier and Phillip B. Goldfine are executive producing, with Keoni Waxman serving as co-executive producer and director. Sojo Prods. and Voltage Pictures are producing in association with Steamroller Prods. ReelzChannel will be the U.S. distributor of the 13-episode series, which was independently produced. Internationally, it has aired on Nitro in Spain and digital channel 5USA in the UK.
ReelzChannel Picks Up Steven Seagal Drama Series
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Latest TV News
- ‘Parks & Recreation’ Creator Mike Schur: “Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey;” ‘The Leftovers’ Damon Lindelof Regrets Jokes About…
- Lena Dunham Apologizes For Murray Miller Defense Amid Assault Allegations
- ‘Scandal’ Cast Talks Normalizing “The Other” And A Happy Ending For The Shondaland Show
- Hollywood Split Over Al Franken; Former ‘SNL’ Cast Members Take Sides
- Univision & Verizon Reach Deal, Ending Blackout And Restoring Stations
- David Cassidy Hospitalized With Reported Organ Failure