ReelzChannel, which entered original programming earlier this year with the high-profile acquisition of the miniseries The Kennedys, has acquired its first original scripted series — drama True Justice starring action movie star-turned-TV reality star Steven Seagal. The series, slated for a March 2012 launch, stars Seagal as Elijah Kane who leads a hardcore undercover team of Seattle based cops who take on gangs, drug lords and crime syndicates as they fight to clean up the streets. Seagal, Nicolas Chartier and Phillip B. Goldfine are executive producing, with Keoni Waxman serving as co-executive producer and director. Sojo Prods. and Voltage Pictures are producing in association with Steamroller Prods. ReelzChannel will be the U.S. distributor of the 13-episode series, which was independently produced. Internationally, it has aired on Nitro in Spain and digital channel 5USA in the UK.
ReelzChannel Picks Up Steven Seagal Drama Series
Trending Now on Deadline
Oscar Watch: From Aniston To Bening To Rowlands Best Actress Dark Horses Make Their Move In "Thin" Field
More From Andreeva
- 'Constantine' To Stop Production After 13 Episodes, Remains In Contention At NBC
- Katy Perry Officially Announced As Super Bowl Halftime Show Headliner – Video
- Lenora Crichlow & Spencer Grammer Join 'Mr. Robinson' On NBC
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par In Households, Slip In Demo With Host Cameron Diaz
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'