EXCLUSIVE: Stephen David Entertainment, producer of documentary-style shows for History Channel, TLC, Lifetime and others, and award-winning feature and TV effects house Brainstorm Digital have established an exclusive strategic partnership to create pioneering event TV. First up is History’s The Men Who Built America, about the dreamers and builders who transformed post-Civil War America into an economical, industrial and technological powerhouse. The partnership aims to combine Brainstorm‘s technical know-how with SDE’s storytelling expertise by integrating “invisible effects” to create what they’re calling “the documentary hybrid.” In addition to extensive feature work for several of the major studios and production companies, Brainstorm won an Emmy and two awards from the Visual Effects Society for its work on HBO’s Boardwalk Empire. Formed by Richard Friedlander and Glenn Allen in 2005, Brainstorm Digital’s feature work includes Angels & Demons, The Da Vinci Code, The Road, Frost/Nixon, The Adjustment Bureau and Julie & Julia. New York-based Stephen David Entertainment has put together several docu-series and specials including Secret Access: The Vatican, Heavily Ever After, Jobsite, and Big Medicine. SDE is repped by CAA.
Stephen David Entertainment, Brainstorm In “Hybrid Documentary” Pact
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
Peter Jackson & Fran Walsh Rev 'Mortal Engines'; Directing Debut For 'Hobbit' VFX Protege Christian Rivers
Latest TV News
- Media-Loathing Donald Trump Launches Alt Nightly Campaign Coverage
- Michael Gleason Dies; ‘Remington Steele’ Co-Creator Was 78
- Charter Fails To Get Byron Allen’s $10B Racial Discrimination Suit Dismissed
- ‘Ice’: Antoine Fuqua Pulls Back, Remains Executive Producer On DirecTV Series
- Lady Gaga Talks Super Bowl, Shouts At Drivers In ‘Carpool Karaoke’ Sneak Peek
- Obama Tells Jimmy Kimmel That Donald Trump’s Debate Performances Make Him Laugh