EXCLUSIVE: Stephen David Entertainment, producer of documentary-style shows for History Channel, TLC, Lifetime and others, and award-winning feature and TV effects house Brainstorm Digital have established an exclusive strategic partnership to create pioneering event TV. First up is History’s The Men Who Built America, about the dreamers and builders who transformed post-Civil War America into an economical, industrial and technological powerhouse. The partnership aims to combine Brainstorm‘s technical know-how with SDE’s storytelling expertise by integrating “invisible effects” to create what they’re calling “the documentary hybrid.” In addition to extensive feature work for several of the major studios and production companies, Brainstorm won an Emmy and two awards from the Visual Effects Society for its work on HBO’s Boardwalk Empire. Formed by Richard Friedlander and Glenn Allen in 2005, Brainstorm Digital’s feature work includes Angels & Demons, The Da Vinci Code, The Road, Frost/Nixon, The Adjustment Bureau and Julie & Julia. New York-based Stephen David Entertainment has put together several docu-series and specials including Secret Access: The Vatican, Heavily Ever After, Jobsite, and Big Medicine. SDE is repped by CAA.
Stephen David Entertainment, Brainstorm In “Hybrid Documentary” Pact
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Team
- Fox Business Network Will Receive 'Strange Inheritance' In January
- Charlie Sheen To Reprise His 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' Role On 'The Goldbergs'
- Hulu Inks Streaming Deal For FX Series, Including 'Tyrant', 'The Strain' & 'AHS'
- Byron Pitts Replacing Dan Abrams As 'Nightline' Anchor
- 'Orphan Black' Season 3: “This Is War” — Video
- Graham Norton, 'Modern Family' Lead British Comedy Awards; Sony TV Ad Sales Inks With Jewish Life TV