The fast nationals for last night were delayed by Nielsen this morning … or was it sabotage at the hands of Fringe fans trying to delay the bad ratings news? The Fox sci-fi drama (1.1/3 in adults 18-49) was down 15% from last week to post a series low. That was despite its lead-in, Kitchen Nightmares (1.6/5), rising a tenth. You can’t blame slot rival NBC’s Grimm (1.5/5) for Fringe‘s misfortune — the fairytale-themed NBC drama continued its slide following the strong premiere three weeks ago, down 17% from last Friday. At 8 PM, NBC’s Chuck (0.9/3) was up a tenth from last week’s fast national, flat with the final. Dateline (1.4/4, 4.9 million) was up 17%. CBS’ A Gifted Man (1.2/4, 8.3 million) matched its soft performance from the past few weeks. CSI: NY (1.7/5, 10.2 million) was up a tenth and beat Grimm in the demo after losing to the rookie in their first face-off last week. Blue Bloods (1.7/5, 11.2 million) was down 19% in 18-49 from last Friday’s season high. CBS (1.5/5, 9.9 million) won the night in both 18-49 and total viewers. It edged in the demo Fox (1.4/4, 3.5 million), which finished second; NBC (1.3/4, 4.4 million); and ABC (1.1/3, 5.2 million). ABC switched from two hours of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition and one hour of 20/20 last week to an hour of Extreme Makeover (0.8/3) and two hours of 20/20 (1.1/3, 1.4/4). At 8 PM, Extreme Makeover was down 33% from last week. The CW’s Nikita and Supernatural held steady.
RATINGS RAT RACE: 'Fringe' Hits Series Low, 'Grimm' Slips Again
What's Hot on Deadline
'Hitman's Bodyguard' Shooting Toward $19M-$20M; 'Logan Lucky' Not So Fortunate With $7M-$8M - Midday Update
Arnold Schwarzenegger To Trump: "Send An Unequivocal Message That You Won't Stand For Hate And Racism"
Barcelona Terrorist Investigation Grows As Police Thwart Second Attack; 14 Dead, 100+ Hurt In Broad Plot - Update
After Horrific Summer At Box Office, 'It' Will Bring Life To Fall Marketplace With Potential $60M Opening
Latest TV News
- ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ VFX Supervisor Brendan Taylor On Dismantling Church With Potent, Invisible Effects
- Univision Chief: CEOs Must Denounce Racism And The “Current Insanity”
- Stephen Colbert Updates Steve Bannon’s Résumé: Skills Include “Dissolving Enemies In Bathtub”
- NBC Nabs Adult Sibling Drama From Kevin Falls With Put Pilot Commitment
- Another Presidential Council, This One Focused On The Arts, Quits On Donald Trump
- ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm’ Season 9 Trailer: Larry Is Not Ready To Save The World