CBS Television Studios president David Stapf will receive the Television Showman of the Year award at the ICG’s Publicists Awards Luncheon, set for February 24 at the Beverly Hilton. Stapf was SVP Advertising, Publicity and Promotion at Warner Bros Television before landing at CBS in 1999 and rising to his current post, where he oversees the studio’s development and production. He began his career in 1985 as a unit publicist for Embassy Television. “The fact that David Stapf began his career as a publicist clearly validates his appreciation of the importance of publicity in the ultimate success of entertainment products,” awards committee chair Henri Bollinger said in making the announcement today. “His background in publicity and the inordinate success he has enjoyed as President of CBS Television Studios makes him uniquely qualified to receive this honor.”
Publicists Name CBS TV Studios' David Stapf Television Showman Of The Year
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- ABC Reveals New Logo For 'The View', Teases In-The-Round Set
- Hot Trailer: Jazz Docu 'Keep On Keepin' On'
- Sundance Institute Taps 10 For Docu Music And Sound Design Lab
- Brian Huskey Set For ABC's 'Selfie'; Rebecca Forsythe Joins 'Members Only'
- Relativity's 'Beyond The Lights' To Open 18th Urbanworld Fest
- Step Right Up For 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' Premiere Date