Turner Broadcasting System chairman and CEO Phil Kent has been tapped to give the keynote address on the first day of NATPE|Content First, the annual global content market for buyers and sellers that is set to run January 23-25 in Miami. The former CAA TV packaging agent oversees CNN/U.S., CNN International, CNN.com and HLN; TBS, TNT, Turner Classic Movies and truTV; Cartoon Network, and Adult Swim; and Turner Sports. “Because of all the content that Turner creates and distributes here and around the world, Phil is in a unique position from which to view the present and the future,” said NATPE president and CEO Rick Feldman, who made the announcement today. “He can speak to the creative and business challenges and can also speak to the vast global, multiplatform opportunities which are dramatically changing our business.” Below is a possible primer for Kent’s keynote: He and Warner Bros International Television president Jeffrey Schlesinger tackled the topic of the future of television during a panel at the just-wrapped Monaco Media Forum in Monte Carlo:
Turner's Phil Kent Keynote To Open NATPE
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Orange Is The New Green: Schilling, Dinklage Head To 'A Month In The Country'
- Rookie Comedies 'Selfie' & 'A To Z' Hit Hulu Ahead Of Network Premieres (Video)
- Turner CEO Says Plans For More “Streamlined, Nimble” Company Coming In Next Two Months
- Scott Adsit Joins AMC Pilot 'We Hate Paul Revere'; Sibylla Deen & Kylie Bunbury in Spike TV's 'Tut'
- Eva Longoria Joins Fox's 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine'
- Universal & Legendary Date 'Krampus,' 'Spectral'; Open Road Shifts 'Nightcrawler'