January 19 would mark Peter Liguori’s second year anniversary at Discovery Communications but he may not be there to celebrate it. I have learned that the veteran TV executive is considering leaving Discovery, where he serves as COO, before the end of the year. A rep for the company declined comment beyond noting that Liguori “is an executive in good standing and working hard for the company across a number of areas.” Liguori indeed has handled multiple areas since joining Discovery. As COO, he has oversight of Marketing, Discovery Studios, Corporate Communications and Corporate Affairs, Business Affairs, and Media Technology, Production and Operations for the company and has served as the lead executive representing Discovery Communications in its 2 joint ventures, OWN: The Oprah Winfrey Network, and The Hub. Liguori was hands-on involved in the launch of OWN and in May, he was named interim CEO of the struggling cable network following the departure of Christina Norman. Two months later, Winfrey took over the CEO position, and Liguori involvement decreased to a point of him having no a day-to-day role at the channel.
Peter Liguori Mulling Exit From Discovery
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Amazon Has No Regrets As ‘Man In The High Castle’ Ad Campaign Pulled From NYC Subway – Update
- ‘Grease Live’ First-Look Promo: Hand Jives & Fast Times At Rydell High
- College Sex Scandal Drama From Jessica Mecklenburg & Rod Lurie Lands At NBC
- The Sony Hack One Year Later: Just Who Are The Guardians Of Peace?
- David Canary Dies: ‘All My Children’ Star Was 77
- ‘Superstore’ Review: America Ferrera NBC Comedy Proves Big Not Better