EXCLUSIVE: The Full Monty helmer Peter Cattaneo is in talks to direct Bridget Jones’s Baby, the Universal Pictures/Working Title sequel that brings back Renee Zellweger, Colin Firth and Hugh Grant. Shooting begins early next year. The directing assignment has been open since early October, when Bridesmaids helmer Paul Feig stepped away after working on the most recent script draft. At the time, the feeling was that the Helen Fielding novels and film series has an inherently British sensibility that made it better suited for a British helmer. Cattaneo fits that bill and has been circling the project for some time. Fielding wrote the script with Feig and David Nicholls. Working Title’s Tim Bevan and Eric Fellner are producing with Little Bird Films’ Jonathan Cavendish. Cattaneo is repped by UTA and UK-based Independent Talent Group.
Peter Cattaneo In Talks To Direct 'Bridget Jones's Baby'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Bourne' Back At #1 & 'Ice Age' Skates To $300M+, Both With China Assist; 'Pets' Passes $700M WW - Intl Box Office
ABC Nabs 'Doomsday' Drama From Carol Mendelsohn, VJ Boyd & Mark Bianculli With Big Pilot Production Commitment
Latest Film News
- Gene Wilder Dies: ‘Willy Wonka’, ‘Young Frankenstein’ & ‘Blazing Saddles’ Star Was 83
- MoMA Slates Fall Bardfest With 21 Shakespeare-Related Films
- ‘In Dubious Battle’ Trailer: James Franco Takes On John Steinbeck – Venice
- VidAngel Adds Big-Name Lawyers To Fight Studios As Filtered Film Legal Battle Looms
- Joe And Anthony Russo In Talks To Form Major Entity With China-Based Huayi Brothers
- Ben Affleck Drops Footage Of DC Villain Deathstroke On Twitter