EXCLUSIVE: The Full Monty helmer Peter Cattaneo is in talks to direct Bridget Jones’s Baby, the Universal Pictures/Working Title sequel that brings back Renee Zellweger, Colin Firth and Hugh Grant. Shooting begins early next year. The directing assignment has been open since early October, when Bridesmaids helmer Paul Feig stepped away after working on the most recent script draft. At the time, the feeling was that the Helen Fielding novels and film series has an inherently British sensibility that made it better suited for a British helmer. Cattaneo fits that bill and has been circling the project for some time. Fielding wrote the script with Feig and David Nicholls. Working Title’s Tim Bevan and Eric Fellner are producing with Little Bird Films’ Jonathan Cavendish. Cattaneo is repped by UTA and UK-based Independent Talent Group.
Peter Cattaneo In Talks To Direct 'Bridget Jones's Baby'
What's Hot on Deadline
Matt Damon, George Clooney Tell 'GMA' They Knew Harvey Weinstein Was An "A**hole" But Not A Sexual Predator
Latest Film News
- Paramount Lands Pitch Vehicle For ‘Girls Trip’ Breakout Tiffany Haddish
- Matt Damon, George Clooney Tell ‘GMA’ They Knew Harvey Weinstein Was An “A**hole” But Not A…
- Hasbro Posts Q3 Gains, Warns Toys ‘R’ Us Bankruptcy Could Hurt ‘Star Wars’ Sales
- Netflix Raises $1.6 Billion In Bond Market To Fund Massive Content Spending
- Renée Zellweger To Play Judy Garland In ‘Judy’ For Pathé, Calamity Films – AFM
- ‘Mudbound’ Director Dee Rees Talks Career Trajectory, Choosing Producers, And Her Love For Ensemble Casts