EXCLUSIVE: The Full Monty helmer Peter Cattaneo is in talks to direct Bridget Jones’s Baby, the Universal Pictures/Working Title sequel that brings back Renee Zellweger, Colin Firth and Hugh Grant. Shooting begins early next year. The directing assignment has been open since early October, when Bridesmaids helmer Paul Feig stepped away after working on the most recent script draft. At the time, the feeling was that the Helen Fielding novels and film series has an inherently British sensibility that made it better suited for a British helmer. Cattaneo fits that bill and has been circling the project for some time. Fielding wrote the script with Feig and David Nicholls. Working Title’s Tim Bevan and Eric Fellner are producing with Little Bird Films’ Jonathan Cavendish. Cattaneo is repped by UTA and UK-based Independent Talent Group.
Peter Cattaneo In Talks To Direct 'Bridget Jones's Baby'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $285M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- ‘Step’: Fox Searchlight Dates Its $4M+ Sundance Docu Pickup For Summer
- Paramount’s Brad Grey Sends His Exit Memo As Viacom Makes It Official
- Warner Bros & Innovative Artists Settle Lawsuit Over Piracy Of Oscar Screeners
- Kristen Stewart In Final Negotiations To Star In Fox Movie ‘Underwater’
- Ryan Reynolds-Jake Gyllenhall Sci-Fi Thriller ‘Life’ To Close SXSW
- Film Independent & IFC Renew Independent Spirit Awards Deal Through 2020