EXCLUSIVE: The Full Monty helmer Peter Cattaneo is in talks to direct Bridget Jones’s Baby, the Universal Pictures/Working Title sequel that brings back Renee Zellweger, Colin Firth and Hugh Grant. Shooting begins early next year. The directing assignment has been open since early October, when Bridesmaids helmer Paul Feig stepped away after working on the most recent script draft. At the time, the feeling was that the Helen Fielding novels and film series has an inherently British sensibility that made it better suited for a British helmer. Cattaneo fits that bill and has been circling the project for some time. Fielding wrote the script with Feig and David Nicholls. Working Title’s Tim Bevan and Eric Fellner are producing with Little Bird Films’ Jonathan Cavendish. Cattaneo is repped by UTA and UK-based Independent Talent Group.
Peter Cattaneo In Talks To Direct 'Bridget Jones's Baby'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Split' And 'xXx' Merge Into Market While 'The Founder' May Get Lost In Heavy Traffic - Box Office Preview
'Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee' Moves To Netflix As Part Of Big Jerry Seinfeld Deal That Includes Specials & Series
Latest Film News
- Sundance Women’s March: Connie Britton, Aisha Tyler & Maria Bello Among Speakers
- ‘A Dog’s Purpose’ Producer “Horrified” Seeing Video Of Dog Almost Drowning On Set; PETA Calls For Boycott…
- Fox & DeVon Franklin Set Miracle Tale ‘The Impossible’
- Fox Promotes Salil Mehta To Head Up Newly-Created Gaming & VR Division
- ‘The Affair’s Ruth Wilson On ‘Hedda Gabler,’ Thinking Big & How “Hollywood Is No Longer The…
- Dave Franco Inks With WME