EXCLUSIVE: The Full Monty helmer Peter Cattaneo is in talks to direct Bridget Jones’s Baby, the Universal Pictures/Working Title sequel that brings back Renee Zellweger, Colin Firth and Hugh Grant. Shooting begins early next year. The directing assignment has been open since early October, when Bridesmaids helmer Paul Feig stepped away after working on the most recent script draft. At the time, the feeling was that the Helen Fielding novels and film series has an inherently British sensibility that made it better suited for a British helmer. Cattaneo fits that bill and has been circling the project for some time. Fielding wrote the script with Feig and David Nicholls. Working Title’s Tim Bevan and Eric Fellner are producing with Little Bird Films’ Jonathan Cavendish. Cattaneo is repped by UTA and UK-based Independent Talent Group.
Peter Cattaneo In Talks To Direct 'Bridget Jones's Baby'
What's Hot on Deadline
Uni/Blumhouse's 'Split' Is A Hit With High $39M To $40M+; 'Xander Cage' Falls Down - Saturday AM Update
Latest Film News
- Sundance Screenings Pulled Due To Power Failure At Venue
- London Critics’ Circle Crowns ‘La La Land’ Film Of The Year
- Deadline Studio at Sundance 2017 – Day 2 – Al Gore, John Legend, Rooney Mara, Jason Segel & More
- ‘Before I Fall’ Star Zoey Deutch On Her Character’s Surprising Journey Toward Redemption…
- Bleecker Street Acquires Mark Pellington’s ‘Nostalgia’ – Sundance
- Sony Pictures Classics At Altar With ‘Novitiate’ – Sundance