EXCLUSIVE: The Full Monty helmer Peter Cattaneo is in talks to direct Bridget Jones’s Baby, the Universal Pictures/Working Title sequel that brings back Renee Zellweger, Colin Firth and Hugh Grant. Shooting begins early next year. The directing assignment has been open since early October, when Bridesmaids helmer Paul Feig stepped away after working on the most recent script draft. At the time, the feeling was that the Helen Fielding novels and film series has an inherently British sensibility that made it better suited for a British helmer. Cattaneo fits that bill and has been circling the project for some time. Fielding wrote the script with Feig and David Nicholls. Working Title’s Tim Bevan and Eric Fellner are producing with Little Bird Films’ Jonathan Cavendish. Cattaneo is repped by UTA and UK-based Independent Talent Group.
Peter Cattaneo In Talks To Direct 'Bridget Jones's Baby'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Alex Garland’s Overachieving ‘Ex Machina’ Jumps To 2000 Screens; Don’t Hold Your Breath For A Sequel
- Christoph Waltz To Make Directorial Debut With ‘Worst Marriage In Georgetown': Cannes
- ‘Cinderella’ Crosses $500M Worldwide for Disney
- Celia Imrie To Co-Star In ‘Year By The Sea;’ Sam Richardson Joins ‘Mike & Dave;’ Jason Clarke, Rosamund Pike, Jack O'Connell On…
- AMPTP Taps Former California GOP Strategist As New Spokesman
- Tony Nominee Christopher Wheeldon Signs With CAA