EXCLUSIVE: The Full Monty helmer Peter Cattaneo is in talks to direct Bridget Jones’s Baby, the Universal Pictures/Working Title sequel that brings back Renee Zellweger, Colin Firth and Hugh Grant. Shooting begins early next year. The directing assignment has been open since early October, when Bridesmaids helmer Paul Feig stepped away after working on the most recent script draft. At the time, the feeling was that the Helen Fielding novels and film series has an inherently British sensibility that made it better suited for a British helmer. Cattaneo fits that bill and has been circling the project for some time. Fielding wrote the script with Feig and David Nicholls. Working Title’s Tim Bevan and Eric Fellner are producing with Little Bird Films’ Jonathan Cavendish. Cattaneo is repped by UTA and UK-based Independent Talent Group.
Peter Cattaneo In Talks To Direct 'Bridget Jones's Baby'
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert's Live Post-Debate 'Late Show' Tops Household Ratings But Edged By Jimmy Kimmel In Demo
Bollywood's Karan Johar Appeals For Peaceful 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' Release Amid Growing India-Pakistan Tensions
Latest Film News
- China’s Alibaba Pictures Takes Film Rights To Children’s Book Series ‘Warriors’
- NBCUniversal Names Winners Of The 2016 Short Film Festival
- Gugu Mbatha-Raw Signs On For Ava DuVernay’s ‘Wrinkle In Time’
- Josh Gad Boards Fox’s ‘Murder On The Orient Express’
- ‘Game Of Thrones’ Alan Taylor Returns To UTA
- Marisa Tomei In Talks To Join Robert De Niro In ‘War With Grandpa’