EXCLUSIVE: The Full Monty helmer Peter Cattaneo is in talks to direct Bridget Jones’s Baby, the Universal Pictures/Working Title sequel that brings back Renee Zellweger, Colin Firth and Hugh Grant. Shooting begins early next year. The directing assignment has been open since early October, when Bridesmaids helmer Paul Feig stepped away after working on the most recent script draft. At the time, the feeling was that the Helen Fielding novels and film series has an inherently British sensibility that made it better suited for a British helmer. Cattaneo fits that bill and has been circling the project for some time. Fielding wrote the script with Feig and David Nicholls. Working Title’s Tim Bevan and Eric Fellner are producing with Little Bird Films’ Jonathan Cavendish. Cattaneo is repped by UTA and UK-based Independent Talent Group.
Peter Cattaneo In Talks To Direct 'Bridget Jones's Baby'
What's Hot on Deadline
Bankruptcy Reveals Wild List Of Who The Weinstein Company Owes Money To: Malia Obama, David Bowie, Michael Bay
Fred Savage: Fox Calls Harassment Claims Against 'The Grinder' Actor "Unfounded", Finds No Evidence of Wrongdoing
Latest Film News
- This Year’s Invitees To The Film Academy May Want To Conduct A Risk Assessment
- Michael Landes Joins ‘Angel Has Fallen’; Craig Di Francia Cast In ‘The Irishman’
- ‘Hotel Transylvania 3′ Trailer: Cruisin’ For A Bruisin’ With The Drac Pack
- Russo Brothers Find New AGBO Storytelling Front: Interactive Venture With ‘Saw II’s Darren Lynn Bousman
- ‘The New Romantic’ Director Carly Stone, An SXSW Winner, Inks With ICM Partners
- ‘Under The Silver Lake’ Trailer: Andrew Garfield Adds It Up In Neo-Noir Thriller