EXCLUSIVE: The Full Monty helmer Peter Cattaneo is in talks to direct Bridget Jones’s Baby, the Universal Pictures/Working Title sequel that brings back Renee Zellweger, Colin Firth and Hugh Grant. Shooting begins early next year. The directing assignment has been open since early October, when Bridesmaids helmer Paul Feig stepped away after working on the most recent script draft. At the time, the feeling was that the Helen Fielding novels and film series has an inherently British sensibility that made it better suited for a British helmer. Cattaneo fits that bill and has been circling the project for some time. Fielding wrote the script with Feig and David Nicholls. Working Title’s Tim Bevan and Eric Fellner are producing with Little Bird Films’ Jonathan Cavendish. Cattaneo is repped by UTA and UK-based Independent Talent Group.
Peter Cattaneo In Talks To Direct 'Bridget Jones's Baby'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Moonbase 8' Comedy From Fred Armisen, Tim Heidecker, Jonathan Krisel & John C. Reilly In Works By A24
Quentin Tarantino Steals The Show At Sony's Slick Presentation Of A Pretty Dark Slate And Very Special Dog - CinemaCon
Latest Film News
- Burbank Hits Vegas As Disney Reigns With Billion-Dollar Hits & Warner Bros Brings Out The Most Stars Ever…
- ‘Mowgli’, Warner Bros’ Long-In-Works ‘Jungle Book’ Film, Gets First-Look Teaser…
- ‘Smallfoot’ Trailer: Warner Animation Pic Breaks The Ice At CinemaCon
- ‘A Star Is Born’ With Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper Gets First Look – CinemaCon
- ‘Aquaman’ Work-In-Progress Teaser, Bits Of ‘Shazam!’ Shown At Warner Bros’ CinemaCon Panel
- Latest Bankruptcy Filings Reveal Extent Of Weinstein Co. Woes