EXCLUSIVE: The Full Monty helmer Peter Cattaneo is in talks to direct Bridget Jones’s Baby, the Universal Pictures/Working Title sequel that brings back Renee Zellweger, Colin Firth and Hugh Grant. Shooting begins early next year. The directing assignment has been open since early October, when Bridesmaids helmer Paul Feig stepped away after working on the most recent script draft. At the time, the feeling was that the Helen Fielding novels and film series has an inherently British sensibility that made it better suited for a British helmer. Cattaneo fits that bill and has been circling the project for some time. Fielding wrote the script with Feig and David Nicholls. Working Title’s Tim Bevan and Eric Fellner are producing with Little Bird Films’ Jonathan Cavendish. Cattaneo is repped by UTA and UK-based Independent Talent Group.
Peter Cattaneo In Talks To Direct 'Bridget Jones's Baby'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Captain America: Civil War' Grabs $200.4M In Debut; 'Jungle Book' A Beast, And With 'Zootopia' Disney Has $1.24B From Three Titles - Int'l Box Office Final
Larry Wilmore Savages Media, Ignites Controversy During White House Correspondents' Dinner Skewering
Latest Film News
- Anthony Mackie To Play Johnnie Cochran In Signal Hill Police Brutality Case Film
- Mongrel To Handle ‘The Fixer’; Seville Picks Up ‘Hana’s Suitcase’ – Cannes
- Wayne Crawford Dies; Actor, Writer & Producer Co-Scripted ‘Valley Girl’
- ‘Jungle Book’ King Again, Reigns On Newcomer Parade: ‘Keanu’, ‘Mother’s Day’ & ‘Ratchet & Clank’ – Monday…
- Lionsgate Partners With Execs At Film Initiative Targeting Global Local Markets
- Harriet Tubman Feature Film In Works From Macro And New Balloon