EXCLUSIVE: Feature director Paul Greengrass has joined Fox’s untitled CIA drama project from writer Joe Weisberg (Falling Skies), Imagine TV and 20th Century Fox TV. This marks the first foray into U.S. television for British director-writer Greengrass, who will serve as an executive producer on the CIA drama alongside Brian Grazer and Weisberg. I hear Grazer was instrumental in bringing the Bourne Supremacy and Bourne Ultimatum helmer on board. Greengrass’ deal is limited to producing, but I hear that he may also direct the potential pilot subject to availability. Penned by CIA officer-turned-writer Weisberg, the project, which was sold without Greengrass last month, is described as a high-stakes character-based drama centering on the young assistants of high-ranking officers in the U.S. Intelligence community. The show takes place within the walls of the CIA, as well as the DIA, NSA, FBI and the intelligence components at the White House. Greengrass was nominated for an Oscar for his 9/11-themed 2006 movie Flight 93.
Paul Greengrass Joins Fox CIA Drama As EP
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Comedy Central Orders '@DadBoner' Animated Pilot Based On Twitter Feed
- NBC Nabs Kari Lizer Mom Comedy With Put Pilot Commitment
- HBO Ups Amy Gravitt, Nick Hall, David Levine & Francesca Orsi To SVP
- BOOM! Studios Inks First-Look Deal With 20th Century Fox TV
- Kevin Frazier Moves From 'The Insider' To 'ET'; Louis Aguirre To Replace Him
- Rachel Brosnahan To Star In CBS Miniseries 'The Dovekeepers'