EXCLUSIVE: Paul and Chris Weitz have signed a first-look deal for cable series with Fox TV Studios. Given the fact that the duo’s biggest feature success has come with the R-rated American Pie franchise, cable would seem like a good fit for them. The Weitz brothers have previously been involved in four series, all on the broadcast side, most recently serving as executive producers on the Fox drama Lone Star. On the feature side, the WME-repped pair, who landed an Oscar nomination for co-writing About A Boy, are executive produing the upcoming fourquel American Reunion. Paul Weitz recently wrote and directed the upcoming Being Flynn starring Robert De Niro and Julianne Moore, while the Chris Weitz-directed A Better Life has been getting awards attention for actor Demian Bichir.
Paul And Chris Weitz Sign First-Look Deal With Fox TV Studios
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Brothers Grimsby': Trailer Or Titillating Clip "Shown" On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' – Which Works Better?
Four Studios Bidding On 'Gone Girl' Author Gillian Flynn's Short Story 'The Grownup': Hot Package Du Jour
Latest TV News
- Will Smith & Alan Horn Join Obama & Katzenberg For Private L.A. Dinner – Update
- Samantha Bee Vs. The Guys On Late Night, Plus: The Coming Tony Awards Wars? – Gerard & Roth
- ‘Little People’ Animated Musical Comedy Series To Premiere On Sprout
- Obama Declines To Dance For Ellen DeGeneres’ Show; Republic Still Standing
- ‘Good Place’ NBC Comedy Series Casts William Jackson Harper
- Mark-Paul Gosselaar To Star In Fox Pilot ‘Pitch’