EXCLUSIVE: Paul and Chris Weitz have signed a first-look deal for cable series with Fox TV Studios. Given the fact that the duo’s biggest feature success has come with the R-rated American Pie franchise, cable would seem like a good fit for them. The Weitz brothers have previously been involved in four series, all on the broadcast side, most recently serving as executive producers on the Fox drama Lone Star. On the feature side, the WME-repped pair, who landed an Oscar nomination for co-writing About A Boy, are executive produing the upcoming fourquel American Reunion. Paul Weitz recently wrote and directed the upcoming Being Flynn starring Robert De Niro and Julianne Moore, while the Chris Weitz-directed A Better Life has been getting awards attention for actor Demian Bichir.
Paul And Chris Weitz Sign First-Look Deal With Fox TV Studios
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Raycom Media TV Stations Blacked Out By DirecTV In Carriage Dispute
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over