EXCLUSIVE: Paul and Chris Weitz have signed a first-look deal for cable series with Fox TV Studios. Given the fact that the duo’s biggest feature success has come with the R-rated American Pie franchise, cable would seem like a good fit for them. The Weitz brothers have previously been involved in four series, all on the broadcast side, most recently serving as executive producers on the Fox drama Lone Star. On the feature side, the WME-repped pair, who landed an Oscar nomination for co-writing About A Boy, are executive produing the upcoming fourquel American Reunion. Paul Weitz recently wrote and directed the upcoming Being Flynn starring Robert De Niro and Julianne Moore, while the Chris Weitz-directed A Better Life has been getting awards attention for actor Demian Bichir.
Paul And Chris Weitz Sign First-Look Deal With Fox TV Studios
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Jack Reacher' Cuffs $31M But 'Mechanic' Puts Wrench Into China Perf; 'Girl', 'Inferno', 'Peregrine' Advance - Intl Box Office
Latest TV News
- ‘Being Mary Jane’ Adds Valarie Pettiford, Ashton Holmes & Chiké Okonkwo
- ‘Before The Flood’ To Premiere Commercial Free Across Nat Geo Global Networks October 30
- ‘The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon’ Showrunner Josh Lieb Departs For Uni TV Overall Deal, Trio Promoted To…
- Freeform Buys 'Bad Dates' Relationship Comedy From 'Veep's Timothy Simons
- Chris McCarthy Adds MTV Oversight With Promotion To President Of MTV, VH1 & Logo
- ‘Sunday Night Football’ Ratings Rise As Seahawks & Cardinals Game Ends In Tie