EXCLUSIVE: Paul and Chris Weitz have signed a first-look deal for cable series with Fox TV Studios. Given the fact that the duo’s biggest feature success has come with the R-rated American Pie franchise, cable would seem like a good fit for them. The Weitz brothers have previously been involved in four series, all on the broadcast side, most recently serving as executive producers on the Fox drama Lone Star. On the feature side, the WME-repped pair, who landed an Oscar nomination for co-writing About A Boy, are executive produing the upcoming fourquel American Reunion. Paul Weitz recently wrote and directed the upcoming Being Flynn starring Robert De Niro and Julianne Moore, while the Chris Weitz-directed A Better Life has been getting awards attention for actor Demian Bichir.
Paul And Chris Weitz Sign First-Look Deal With Fox TV Studios
What's Hot on Deadline
Billy Bob Thornton, Carla Juri & Charlie Hunnam Join Aaron Taylor-Johnson In 'A Million Little Pieces'
FX Acquires 'Jumanji', 'Transformers', 'Murder On the Orient Express', 'All the Money In the World' & More Movies
Latest TV News
- Sony Pictures Television Sets Up UK-Based Non-Scripted Label Human
- Bradford Dillman Dies: Star Of Broadway, Film And TV Was 87
- Freeform Unveils New Logo & “A Little Forward” Tagline
- ‘Grown-ish’ Renewed For Season 2 By Freeform
- FX Acquires ‘Jumanji’, ‘Transformers’, ‘Murder On the Orient Express’, ‘All the Money In the World’…
- Super Bowl Ad Rates Have Soared 87% In 10 Years Even With More Clutter: Study