The New York Film Critics Circle has delayed by one day the group’s annual movie awards to allow its 33 members to see David Fincher’s The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo from Sony. Instead of Monday November 28 the New York critics will announce their verdicts on the year’s best cinema work on Tuesday November 29. The group raised eyebrows earlier this year with the announcement that they would reveal their awards two weeks earlier than in the past in order to be the first of the numerous critics awards. That still gives them a one-day jump on the National Board of Review, which in the past has been first. The Los Angeles Film Critics Association will reveal its choices December 11. The New Yorkers won’t, however, wait for Warner Bros to show them the Tom Hanks-Sandra Bullock vehicle Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close. Studio executives said the completed movie directed by Stephen Daldry would not be available for viewing until December 2. Dragon Tattoo opens December 21; Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close debuts December 25.
NY Critics Delay Awards A Day To See David Fincher's 'Girl With The Dragon Tattoo'
What's Hot on Deadline
John Oliver Offers Donald Trump His Emmy Award If Candidate Will Accept Election Results On November 8
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Jack Reacher' Cuffs $31M But 'Mechanic' Puts Wrench Into China Perf; 'Girl', 'Inferno', 'Peregrine' Advance - Intl Box Office
'Saturday Night Live' Hits Season High Ratings With Tom Hanks, Lady Gaga & More Donald Trump & Hillary Clinton
Latest Awards News
- Gotham Awards Nominations: ‘Manchester By The Sea’, ‘Moonlight’ Lead Way
- Uh-Oh, Older White Male Contenders Are Piling Into A Diverse Awards Season
- Hollywood Film Awards To Honor Tom Ford, Marc Platt & Kenneth Lonergan
- Ben Mendelsohn And Benedict Andrews Discuss ‘Una’: “I Haven’t Reacted Like That To A Script In A Long Time”…
- Jon Favreau To Receive Cinema Audio Society Filmmaker Award
- International Emmys Create Short-Form Series Category For 2017; Announce Kids Nominees