The New York Film Critics Circle has delayed by one day the group’s annual movie awards to allow its 33 members to see David Fincher’s The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo from Sony. Instead of Monday November 28 the New York critics will announce their verdicts on the year’s best cinema work on Tuesday November 29. The group raised eyebrows earlier this year with the announcement that they would reveal their awards two weeks earlier than in the past in order to be the first of the numerous critics awards. That still gives them a one-day jump on the National Board of Review, which in the past has been first. The Los Angeles Film Critics Association will reveal its choices December 11. The New Yorkers won’t, however, wait for Warner Bros to show them the Tom Hanks-Sandra Bullock vehicle Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close. Studio executives said the completed movie directed by Stephen Daldry would not be available for viewing until December 2. Dragon Tattoo opens December 21; Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close debuts December 25.
NY Critics Delay Awards A Day To See David Fincher's 'Girl With The Dragon Tattoo'
What's Hot on Deadline
Veteran ‘Criminal Minds’, Comedies 'Life In Pieces' & ‘Kevin Can Wait’ Among Series Left In Limbo After CBS Renewals
'The Equalizer 2' Trailer: Denzel Washington Returns As Justice-Seeker In Antoine Fuqua Action Thriller
Cannes Adds Lars Von Trier, Whitney Houston Doc, Michael B. Jordan Sci-Fi, Terry Gilliam's 'Don Quixote', More
Latest Awardsline News
- Deadline’s TV Talk Podcast Returns: Emmy Comedy Best Actor Contenders & More
- ‘Handmaid’s Tale’, ‘Mrs. Maisel’, John Oliver & ‘SNL’ Among Peabody Winners
- Maggie Gyllenhaal On Playing Hookers And Porn Stars, Donald Trump’s ‘Deuce’ Connection, And Taking Control Of Her Career – The…
- Tony Awards Watch: ‘The Band’s Visit’ Delivered A Personal Reckoning (And A Broadway Catchphrase) To…
- Dan Fellman Joins Film Academy’s Board Of Governors After Bill Mechanic Exit
- Broadway’s ‘Harry Potter’, ‘Mean Girls’, ‘Angels In America’ Among Drama League Award Nominees…